Steadily Climbing Ping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steadily Climbing Ping

My brother is being a big whiny baby, every time we play his ping goes through the roof. In Battelfield I used to think it was just him, but now I notice that when I pick a server, I start off with a ping of less than 50, but oever the course of two hours my ping, and everyone else on the server's ping goes upwards of 300 before everyone leaves the server.

It's really bad for my big whiny brother, happens to him every single night, anyone got any ideas one why that might be happening? Or should I have posted this in some kind of tech support forum and didn't notice because I couldn't think over the sound of my brother crying like a four year old in the headphones.

Does your brother use Xfire/TS/Vent/any other internet hog on the background when playing?

Comment

Is he playing at high settings? Too high of settings for your PC and your ping will go through the roof. As time goes on perhaps his RAM is getting eaten up and his PC is slowing down, this increasing the ping?

Comment

We do use XFire, although we were told by everyone on this forum to use that because it's not a system or network hog.

Actually the things we thought it might be is:

Xfire (more than likely not, this is the same thing that happened in BF2142 and we never used XFire in that

Ram Leak. There could be something in the background with a leak, or more probably the game itself has a ram leak and causes the problem.

PunkBuster. This is the most likely culprit we think, he had the same problem when playing BF2142 but not TF2.

Comment

I was just eliminating possibilities...

How much programs you got in the background running?

Comment

If everyone's ping on the server is going up, then that's a server side issue.

Comment

I think its server side as well, noticed the same thing. When I got the game initially the ping was low. Now after the patches I notice the ping starting off at a good 34 and then after a while the game lags out and its at 169 or over 200. Lucky thats around the time I should take a break. Though it really bad when I play at work over a GSM modem and I already start at high ping.

Comment

Working...
              X