• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sniper/ACOG fix incoming

But will the whining stop...?

Originally posted by fourzerotwo
    Hey Everyone --

Wanted to give you a heads up that we've added even more to the upcoming patch / update thanks solely to ALL of your feedback on the Sniper Rifle, and ACOG Scope.

We have fixed the bullet registration "Accuracy" of the Sniper Rifles and ACOG Scope thanks to your feedback, so you will now have improved hit detection when using those weapons / attachment.

Again, thanks to everyone who sent in emails, posted on the forums, made videos, or let us know in any other way about this. It's fixed now and will be in the upcoming patch for PC (v1.3).

Infinity Ward : Community Relations Manager
    Email :: COD4:MW :: Blog ::

hmm goody i might actually hit something with that stupid scope..

Comment

you got a source or a link i could look at please!

(not saying your making this up, am just curious)

=]

Comment

Ya know I notice that problem, and it seems like it might be a connection/dataflow problem. Some servers I just can hit anything. I went slow, held my breath, setled the crosshair and fired and nada! Then I go to the next server, and snap snap snapping heads! Deadly! I am glad IW is so hands on and quick with their patches so far. I look forward to it.

Comment

Yeah that scope is consistently bad for me. I can't hold my breath with the scope either.

Comment

Originally posted by ChapmanUK View Post
            you got a source or a link i could look at please!

(not saying your making this up, am just curious)

=]
            It's posted on both the IW.com and CharlieOscarDelta.com forums. It's legit. There's no other information to read, Seppuku posted an exact copy (thanks for that, by the way! )

Comment

Originally posted by Whiskey
              It's posted on both the IW.com and CharlieOscarDelta.com forums. It's legit. There's no other information to read, Seppuku posted an exact copy (thanks for that, by the way! )>
              ah right, cheers!

Comment

Was there a problem with sniper rifles? :-S

I get 9 out 10 hits with the rifle and that when the target is on the move. Hopefully its not any more accurate! lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Repulse View Post
                  Was there a problem with sniper rifles? :-S

I get 9 out 10 hits with the rifle and that when the target is on the move. Hopefully its not any more accurate! lol.
                  Snipers don't always register a hit when you don't hold your breath long enough.

Comment

Yes, this will be great.

I've had many a time where I'm not holding my breath, yet am able to hold the crosshairs on a person and fire while they're dead on, but miss. Sometimes you can even see the bullet leave a hole behind a person when they run.

Comment

I just got the hang of the sniper rifle... Maybe this will make things easier..

And make the ACOG actually useful for the snipers/general(i still don't use it)..

IW's support for these things is just amazing.

With EA you'd had to wait patch for about 6 months, and when they release patch, it "fixes" the wrong thing...

Good job IW!!

:salute:

Comment

I know a lot of people were not using the ACOG because it took too long to stabilize and be accurate. It could get you killed in close-quarters. Good to see a fix/tweak, whatever you call it, coming. Makes no sense to have an attachment that no one uses.

Now if they just scrap the Eavesdrop perk and give us something useful for PC.

Comment

Originally posted by Whiskey
                          Now if they just scrap the Eavesdrop perk and give us something useful for PC.
                          Don't go too far. You may get more than you what wish for (prestige mode).

Comment

That is the one thing im disppointed in,maybe im to used to DoD:s where everyone uses mics,tf2 uses mics sometimes but in cod4 im lucky if i find another person to coordinate with,its about a 1 in 5 shot to find 1 person with a mic.

Comment

Originally posted by Seppuku View Post
                              But will the whining stop...?
                              We can only hope...

Comment

Working...
                              X