Help!! Cant seem to get any kills.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help!! Cant seem to get any kills.

I am at rank 46 on COd 4 but still only average about 15 kills per Game. Any tips on what I am doing wrong. I have been playing 1st person pc games for 10-12 yrs so I dont consider myself that bad of a player! I see guys all the time with 30-40 kills and have no idea how they are doing this. All tips Welcome!!

Use cover, outflank enemies, watch your map.

Beyond that, it's just ping and a bit of skill

Comment

make sure you're using a gun that fits your play style, that's the biggest tip you'll get.

A lot of people rack up a lot of kills by staying alive, get a UAV, then use that to get an airstrike, putting an airstrike in the right spot can get you ten kills by itself, then get the heli, another 5-10 kills easy.

Don't camp, it makes you a pretty easy target unless you have a silencer and UAV Jammer, stay mobile, shoot at what you see and avoid going into the open.

Comment

If you are having trouble on large servers, try smaller ones. There is less spam and less spawn dying. The more you are alive, the more you will kill (assuming you can shoot).

Overall, on smaller servers it's easier to stay in your groove once you've found it.

Comment

CoD4 is a lot like business -- location, location, location. Know where your team is going, where the other team is likely going, and position yourself in a position where you have a better field of vision (elevated cover is a huge advantage in this game), and your opponents don't. Know where they may camp so you can pick off head shots. If they're attacking, know where they're going to rush. If you're attacking, know where they're going to be defending at and line up shots where you have angles on them. Going front to front is easiest, but they can see you as easily as you can see them. Angles kill.

Comment

Some great suggestions above. I'll add a few...

Learning the maps inside and out is also one of the biggest advantages you'll have. You have to know what the area around the corner is like BEFORE you even get there. You have to know where an enemy might be hiding/camping so you know which areas to avoid or to proceed with caution. Once you understand the map, you'll understand how oppts will move around the map & what paths they'll take. This will help you anticipate when you might encounter contact. Be sure to know the map well from BOTH directions too.

The mini-map & UAV scans totally change the way the game is played. If you show up as a red blip on that map, you're a target. Consider using a silencer so that you don't show up when you shoot, and the UAV Jammer perk so that the scans won't detect you. As well, watch YOUR mini-map too for enemies nearby that you might be able to flank or sneak up behind and kill.

Weapon choice - the weapons are very different, and what works for some does not work for others. This can be frustrating, but is also a really cool thing as well to suit different playing styles. Find a couple that you really like, and build custom classes around them.

Ironsights - you just flat-out have to be very fast when using them, and go for an upper torso/headshot. You have to be ready to snap that sight up as soon as you see an opponent. Consider switching to a red-dot sight once you unlock it as well - it's very accurate for close-med range, and does not obstruct your view as much as the default sights might (just be aware that if you use a red dot/ACOG sight, you cannot use a silencer). Ironsights is actually MY biggest handicap, as I come from MOH where you used only your regular crosshairs to line up a shot. I can do that very quickly, but in COD, I find myself being killed a lot by people who immediately bring up their ironsight and drop prone (damn BF2'ers) whenever they see an opponent. It's my biggest frustration right now.

Comment

Don't run and gun unless you have an SMG with steady aim. You're likely to be taken out by somebody who's aiming and has a lot of cover.

Comment

Yeah as already said you need to find a gun that suits you, the people getting the most kills are the ones in the thick of it.

You need fast reactions, learn to dodge from side to side fast and i highly recommend the p90 as it has a large clip, and use steady aim

Comment

Working...
                X