How to bind a F key

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to bind a F key

Is it possible to somehow bind a F key, eg F3 to say "sorry for TK" or stuff like that. So that when you hit F3 in-game it says that?

Open console (shift + ~)
    /bind F3 "say_team Sorry for TK, shouldn't have drank all the cough syrup this morning"

Comment

or press ` for console

Comment

Do you actually use any of the F keys in-game?! I don't think I've ever used one so I just wanna make sure...

Comment

Ive never used one. Only way to doulbe check is to look at your options in the game and see if they are doing something.

Crunch
          Twitter: @CptainCrunch
          Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

F is my panic (knife attack) button.

Comment

You normally use f1 and f2 for voting "yes" and "no"

Comment

I change those to page up and page down, got use to that in BF2 for kick and map votes.

Comment

Originally posted by RangerXML View Post
                  I change those to page up and page down, got use to that in BF2 for kick and map votes.
                  Yup, me too. :salute:

Comment

I already changed that too, I thought the other ones were doing something ... ( I have F9 for captioning with FRAPS and F10 to take screenies with FRAPS ).

OK, now, I have a question. You can say something to your team by binding a key and using say_team, so would you use say_all if you want to say something to everyone?!?

Comment

Open console (shift + ~)
                      /bind F3 "say Picked a bad day to stop sniffing glue."

Comment

Using that system could you bind three different buttons to do the same thing, despite the control menu allowing only two?

Comment

If you are talking about binding something beyond controls (like chat macros), you could bind your entire keyboard to the same thing if you wanted. If you are talking about controls, I believe the binds will overwrite each other.

Comment

Working...
                          X