Need help instaling BF2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help instaling BF2

Hey, hope I can get some support here. I have been playing bf2 with my copy since the first day it came out. I have reinstalled bf2 numerous times in the past but all up until about a year ago when ever I had to reinstall bf2 the installation would fail but I would monkey around some stuff and some how get it to install. And it would usually fail about 3/4 threw the 3rd disk.

Well now it fails on the first disk. It always stops at battlefield2/mods/bf2/Common_Client.zip.

But when I tried to manually install it I it showed an error when I tried to cop data2.CAB. The disks are in ok condition except for a scratch on the outer part of the 1st disk but that has been there before I ever had problems with it

Here are my specs:
    P4 2.92ghz
    1 gig RAM
    7600gt 256mb

sounds like your disc has had it...

Comment

are you sure that you fully uninstalled the game before reinstalling? or are you installing it on an additional computer without the game ever having being installed on it?

Comment

Originally posted by AmericanDad View Post
        sounds like your disc has had it...
        Yes, that scratch may have gotten worse.

Comment

you can tell if its the scratch if you figure out about where you get that file error (what % through disk 1) and look on the cd if it would be about at that %. if it is then that could be your problem, if its not, then we need to look at other possibilities.

Comment

I'd either borrow a friend's disks to see, or spend the $10 and buy new ones. It's probably not worth the headache of trying to get your old ones to work.

Comment

ya, actually thats not a bad idea caesarsalad.

just do what he said, spend 10 bucks on new cd's...

if you really want to get them working we can keep trying, but i dont think they're gonna work.

Comment

yeah id borrow cds from a friend and make images of them. that way ull never have to deal with putting cds in the cd drive. or u could find some images online........

Comment

Well I have a tip but ya all are gonna laugh at me and think im full of it.

This has worked for me on music cds,game cds etc that have minor scratches.

Befor you set the disc into the drive(get ready to laugh) lightly wipe the disc on yor forhead(the oil from your skin will fill in minor scratches) once you have done this LIGHTY wipe the disc from the center out,do not wipe it in a circular motion.

I would say do this to all three and try it.

As i have said its worked in the past for me and some friends i told to do this to an audio cd
                  good luck bro.

:salute:

Comment

^^ lol. i thought u were going to say toothpaste. i know toothpaste is good for cleaning. or u can try a dishwasher(tho im not sure about that one. heard it awhile ago)

Comment

Originally posted by ConscriptVirus View Post
                      ^^ lol. i thought u were going to say toothpaste. i know toothpaste is good for cleaning. or u can try a dishwasher(tho im not sure about that one. heard it awhile ago)
                      Oh cool,Ill have to try the toothpaste thing i have never tried that one and i have some audio cds that are in pretty poor condition.

Thanks for the tip.
                      :salute:

Comment

ROFL section8!!!

ya you could try that skin oil thing (i had a friggin lollerfest on that one xD), toothpaste, or you could go buy one of those dvd cleaning kits for like 3-5 bucks that you can use over and over agian. u can get those just about anywhere audio cds or dvds are sold (best buy, strawberries, ect...)

Comment

Working...
                        X