Best setup for hardcore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best setup for hardcore

There is a post where people post their best setup when playing cod4, but it's not for hardcore servers.
    What is your best setup for hardcore servers?

What I can't really figure out is if the ekstra health perk or stopping power actually makes a differense in hardcore servers.

The setup I use is

Small maps
    M4 with reflex
    flash
    c4
    slight of hand
    last stand

Larger maps
    G3 with reflex
    flash
    c4
    slight of hand
    last stand

Remember, post only hardcore setups

M16, reflex sight
    Colt 1911 with suppressor
    Stun grenades
    Special Grenades x3
    Juggernaut
    Dead Silence

Juggernaut saves me from that universal one shot kill at times, and dead silence helps me move around unheard, since people use their ears more in hardcore.

Comment

I'll just say this first, what works for you may not be because it's innately good, but because it fits your style.

On that note, I like what's in the sig, along with:
      Skorpion + Reflex
      Deagle (Gold )
      Smoke grenade
      Bandolier
      Sleight of Hand
      Dead Silence
      This setup is very good for most maps, since the Skorp is so accurate, and SoH helps ease the flaw of a small magazine.

Juggernaut will prevent some guns from one shotting you, effectively doubling your health vs. those weapons. A G3, most notably, will start to lack 1 shotting power, especially if it's silenced, making the M14 a good choice in Hardcore, just to ensure that 1 hit kill. Versus high RoF automatics this effect is less, since an extra bullet for them is a fraction of a second. Snipers, besides the M21 at times, retain their 1 shot status, though.

Stopping Power pretty much counters Juggernaut, as if you and the juggernaut-er were regular health and power people fighting. Against a normal foe in hardcore, the only guns that don't kill in 1 hit are automatic, pistols, and shotties at times, so those are the only guns that gain an advantage. A P90, for instance, may take only 2 rather than 3 (numbers are just guesses).

Comment

M14, P90, flash bang, bandoleer, stopping power and red dot scope

Comment

Originally posted by TheDesert_Fox View Post
          Stopping Power pretty much counters Juggernaut, as if you and the juggernaut-er were regular health and power people fighting.
          Yep, stopping power and juggernaut always cancel each other out; it's designed to be an even trade. If the attacker is not using stopping power, juggernaut reduces bullet damage by 25%.

Comment

G3 with red dot owns in hardcore because it's a one shot kill, sniper accurate, and there's very little recoil.

Comment

Originally posted by Seppuku View Post
              Yep, stopping power and juggernaut always cancel each other out; it's designed to be an even trade. If the attacker is not using stopping power, juggernaut reduces bullet damage by 25%.
              Am i the only person who thinks though that Sniper headshots should still instant kill a juggernaut without stopping power but anywhere below the head is 2 shots?

Its ridiculous that a sniper rifle bullet to the face is not an instant kill when using juggernaut.

Comment

G36C/3x Frag/Stopping Power/Dead Silence this setup also work's very good with any other gametype. I also found that the ak-74u work's good with any close range combat it does more dmg that any of the other SMG's best perks for this setup are 3x Frag/Stopping Power/Steady Aim ( a must for SMG's)

Comment

lmg + double tap = needs a nerf in hardcore

Comment

m14 + red dot
                    goldeagle
                    stun

clay
                    jugger
                    last stand

Comment

Working...
                    X