Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Secure the tank! But how?

Here's a screenshot of the mission I'm in:

Tells me to intercept the enemy. Fine, but how?
    First of all, no matter where I go I almost instantly get killed (veteran). When I go to the tank and kill incoming enemies, they somehow still overrun it (all the killed enemies instantly respawn). When I advance further, they tell me to go back to the tank. So wtf is it they want me to do? Any tips?

This is the only annoying point I found so far in the game. Scripted, respawning enemies + inaccurate mission description = puke.

it's a very accurate description of what to do, intercept the enemies before they get to the tank.

Just pick a spot and kill as many bad guys as you can for about 7 minutes, then you complete the mission.

Comment

Just kill every bad guy you see. It couldn't get any more simple then that...

Comment

There's about 20-30 enemies spawning all around the tank and the AI soldiers I get are pretty damn stupid.

Where would I go to survive 7 minutes? Soon as I go to the left and take cover, there's more grenades flying at me than I can ever throw back, so I take cover at the right side of the tank and kill all enemies there, but that doesn't seem to be enough.

And how am I supposed to kill everyone when they keep respawning? I really see no progress no matter if I kill 20 or 50...

The respawning of enemies really, really sucks. It was annoying and unrealistic in normal mode, but this is just hilarious.

Comment

Never stay too long in the same spot, always move around. Get the guys on the left, then run and get the ones on the right, go back to the left and so on ... it's quite an easy one though. There are other maps , it won't be that "easy" :P

Comment

Up to that point it was very easy, so I don't understand why this is such a big problem ~~

When I go to the left (as I said) they throw like 5 or 6 grenades at me, all at the same time. When I run out of the cover I die from 1 shot.
            When I managed to kill everyone, they just come back and I have no time to go to the other side.

Comment

i just got right next to the wall there and shot everything i saw and i beat it

Comment

After a million tries I got it now... was way too random to be fun. I just got lucky that I didn't die.
                I stayed at the right side of the tank, like before, but this time it somehow worked. Don't even know why, I played the same way I did before.

Ty

Comment

Originally posted by m_d
                  After a million tries I got it now... was way too random to be fun. I just got lucky that I didn't die.
                  I stayed at the right side of the tank, like before, but this time it somehow worked. Don't even know why, I played the same way I did before.

Ty
                  Trial and Error, just have patience with it and keep trying. Don't give up and Good Luck in the future!

Comment

I never went anywhere near that tank, I just hid behind the wall and the fenced in area and chucked grenades and fired at random.

Comment

I usually keep to the Left. I set up a position just past that fence, and try to destroy anyone between me and the building (nades work well here). I then advance to corner made by the building and the fence, then clear the first building. I can then fire at the enemies heading toward the tank from cover...especially fun shooting those bastages in the back. This method seems to thin out the waves of enemies enough so that those I miss, my squad can take care of.

I keep to the left and keep advancing building to building that way. If you're patient, I find it works pretty well. You just have to watch out for enemy nades and rockets.

Comment

Here's what to do:
                        when you get in the mission, find a spot to kill some of the enemries first, kill the RPG troops the most. Then kill your way to the bus, then you will active the next scene in which you have to take out a anti-air turret, after you do that, go to where the light spot on the ground is (the game will tell you), do that, your heils come in and waste a full building of terrorists then you go back to the tank for a short cut scene, then mission is over.

Comment

Sugarbear, Im surpised the tank didnt get overran, if you do nothing, usually thats what happens and you start again.

I guess the random firing scared the AI from advancing

Crunch
                          Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                          Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

I guess I meant, fired at random people, I killed plenty of enemies, but I didn't stay in a firing position and kill, I'd pop out kill a couple people then run behind the wall. Every time a baddie would chuck a nade in there with me I'd chuck it at the front of the tank to make sure there was no one too close.

Comment

I just stayed near the tank and killed every enemy I saw. I went right first, took out those dudes trying to flank. Then I went into the bog to repel the rushers trying to get close to the tank. I flanked right after that and engaged the AA crew. It's pretty much close to over after that...

Comment

Working...
                              X