X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2x Questions :)

Hey Guys,

Looking for some easy answers .
    Ok, so I got Vista and am currently on 9250 I know...sin but anyway when I upgraded I lost BF2 and now my CD Drive isnt working, so I plan on doing 2 things.

1) Upgrading my card (AGP)
    2) Downloading a Warez copy of BF2 (but I have a legit serial) will it work?

Erm as for the card, been looking on eBay can pick one up for £30-£40 not sure if they are good with BF2 though...

So if these ones are pants feel free to point me in the right direction.
    HD 2400 Pro
    Raden 9550
    Thanks,
    Jac

I really don't know where you can find a good card for 40 buck's but the 8800GT is a good card for the price..

Comment

Oh... GBP sorry, not USD.

Comment

Originally posted by bowenjac View Post
        Oh... GBP sorry, not USD.

have a look on:

www.dabs.com or www.ebuyer.com

The 8000 series are Nvidia cards and I think only support PCIE not AGP.

I should think your CD key should work ok (don't quote me on it though).
        Give it a go.

:salute:

Comment

The warez thing will work. Not really warez with a legit key code.

40 GBP is about 85 USD, so, I bet you can find a better deal if you keep looking. Ideally, if you can spend 60 GBP, then look for an ATI 1950. You will be much happier. Have a look here to compare video cards.

Comment

consider geforce

you can buy an 8800 for about £300, its a top of the line card, alternatively for around £100 you can buy an 8700 or an 8600 which are both good cards. Its important to remeber when buying a geforce that the 8xxx relates to its generation and the x800 part of its name refers to its performance grade. So a 8700 has lower specs than a 7800 but as it is from a newer generation it'll perform about the same. Another really important thing to remember is that the 8000 series all support dirrectx 10 which is gonna be important for upcoming games (at least thats what we're being told) whereas the 7000 series can never play a dx 10 game. So you might be able to get a 7000 series on the cheap as retailers are replacing them with the 8000's but you wont be future-proofing yourself and i'd recommend not settling for anything worse than a 7600.

If you want a qualitative comparison of reasonable card i'd recommend looking at these pages:

8800 gts review benchmark -  Many are interested in the GeForce 8800 gts since that this last is sufficiently short so it be

(in each instance the card displaying the higher number is the better card)

Comment

definetly go for an 8800 series. ive got the gts and i can run anything on high graphics (except for maybe crysis but idk yet dont hav it yet lol). great card but you need to make sure that you have the right power supply, because i needed to get a new one just so that i could use the card.

shop cards here: http://www.nvidia.com/object/graphic...s_buy_now.html
              nVidia GeForce 8800GTS: http://www.nvidia.com/object/buy_now...tml?id=8800GTS

good luck to you :salute:

Comment

Working...
              X