No announcement yet.

TGL CoD4 Tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mods are VERY effective in a game like COD (1, 2, and 4). They facilitate clear and accurate scoring, automatic OT mode, and eliminate some of the more annoying game features. Playing a match without ANY type of mod is just foolish, especially considering the quality and acceptance of PAM (or PAM like mods).

Also, 2142Pro didn't even change weapon values or do much balancing. It's primary purpose was to fix the amazingly awful spawn point placement (they were extremely scattered, there was too many of them, and not equal to both teams) and provide every player with specific unlocks for their class.

Any good gaming tournament needs some rules and restrictions. We plan on opening a second league with a different game type (instead of S&D) and possibly UAV/Airstrike/Helicopter allowed. We will just have to see what the poeple want.

Finally, in reference to CEVO starting earlier. That's fine with me, since we're offering $2000 more in prizing (this will probably be $4000 more within the next two weeks, for a total cash prize of $5000).

Comment

excellent ruleset. try and modify it a bit though so it is the same as CAL and CEVO leagues

Comment

2142Pro did a horrible job of balancing weapons. If you've forgotten, the weapons were divided amonst the armies instead of their typical usage. Sorry if I don't feel that some idiot with too much free time should be able to dictate which assualt rifle I'm forced to use.

This is the main reason that mod is a joke. Some parts of competition mod might be acceptable, like overtime mode or an easy start method. However, the other changes that their creators invariably include (weapon changes or omissions/perk changes or omissions/map changes) totally invalidate any benefit that these mods offer. Map/spawn point balancing is not an acceptable reason for a mod to be used - maps are imbalanced and part of a good strategy involves winning by enough of a margin to get side choice for round three.

I feel sorry for any team that thinks being good at 2142Pro means they're worth anything. I also feel the same way towards any team that thinks they are good at PAM or any other CoD4 competition mod. They've all accomplished nothing in terms of the actual game that they all think they are playing.

And to get back on topic, that ruleset is a waste of space. If you can't deal with UAV, airstrike and helo then you are no good at CoD4 - end of discussion. If you have to outlaw things like grenade launchers and minimize radar blips you are a scrub. Whoever manages to win this outlandish competition still fails at accomplishing anything worth mentioning.

BTW, I'm starting a gaming league where nobody is allowed to use guns. Those bullets are so cheap, they always kill me even though I'm strafing, running and ducking. People who use guns get too many cheap kills. It's going to be knives only. </sarcasm> TGL is pathetic.

Comment

Originally posted by [TRashED]VT_NERD View Post

And to get back on topic, that ruleset is a waste of space. If you can't deal with UAV, airstrike and helo then you are no good at CoD4 - end of discussion. If you have to outlaw things like grenade launchers and minimize radar blips you are a scrub. Whoever manages to win this outlandish competition still fails at accomplishing anything worth mentioning.

BTW, I'm starting a gaming league where nobody is allowed to use guns. Those bullets are so cheap, they always kill me even though I'm strafing, running and ducking. People who use guns get too many cheap kills. It's going to be knives only. </sarcasm> TGL is pathetic.

The guys got a point! Seems like all the leagues are doing their best to CHANGE the way COD4 is being played....instead of allowing it to be played the way it was intended. Their isnt a perk or weapon in the game that you can't out smart. AT the very least EVERY league should accommodate the thousands of players/clans that want to play it the way it was intended....You should have a out of box ladder and a HARDCORE ladder for each game type....or at least TDM and S&D.

All these ladders should be concentrating on more is ANTICHEAT strats for the tournaments and ladders so the so-called PRO's dont toggle on to win the $$$.

If all these ladders truly wanted to do good for the communities they should put businesses like FPSCheats OUT OF BUSINESS! Instead of worrying about what perks to turn on and off.

Comment

Good start with Bad Apple!

Comment

I like league rules and mods how they are...

If you haven't played in one, then you wouldn't understand. Playing without martyrdom, last stand, juggernaut, RPG's, and claymores actually promotes teamwork and skill.

You can no longer simply place a claymore at an objective and win, you actually have to be better -in raw skill and teamwork- than the other team.

Comment

Well, Last Stand concluded tonight and I think overall it went fairly well.

ROFL, VT_NERD *shakes head* IMO: I'm willing to bet you sound smarter when you dont talk!

Comment

The perks/weapons aren't removed because we want to change how CoD4 is played, it's because they remove the required skill involved in winning a match.

It is very easy to run around with an M203, place claymores at the bomb, and camp away. It is much more difficult to only have a gun and rely on team communication to win a round. Trust me, you think that the people playing in these matches suck because they don't play CoD4 with every perk out there, but that's the farthest from the truth.

Comment

Working...
                  X