Dead silence perk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dead silence perk

what exactly does this do? it says it makes you "quieter" but how?

They can't hear your footsteps. For example when you bum rush a building and you acend the stairs to knock out the 15 noob snipers hiding in that one room at the top. They wont hear you coming until it is too late!

Comment

If you don't mind your ears falling off every time someone fires a non silenced gun, you can turn your sound up all the way and still hear even Dead Silence footsteps.

Tried it today, gets you a major headache, but it's funny when you turn around and fill that idiot with lead who thought he could run up behind you undeteced.

Comment

So from what I gather from above, 'Dead Silence' is so your opponents blow out their ear drums trying to hear you. I prefer Silences G3 (haven't gotten the other single shot) and UAV Jammer that way you don't have to risk getting close enough for them to hear you can you get a head shoots out of it.

Comment

Yes, basically it makes your movements more quiet.

I have my assault kit decked out with it and it works very well. Enemy can still hear someone with dead silence fall or grunt. Its kinda earie not hearing your own soldier make noise. Takes a little getting used to, but it helps hearing others.

Crunch
          Twitter: @CptainCrunch
          Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

I use it too much. I can't play without it. Hearing my own footsteps is awkward now.

Comment

Yeah Dead Silence is a must for most setup's..

Comment

Doesn't matter to me since I play this game most of the time at work I can't turn up the volume to hear other players around me. I have to visually clear rooms and watch my back, this is why I use APM. I don't do sneaky kills until a UAV is up and I know where every one is, in which case I rush a room and knife every one in it, not a lot of use for Dead Silent.

Comment

With all the explosions and gunfire in the multiplayer games I have been playing I can never hear footsteps, mine or my enemies. Ocassionally I hear grunting though. Is there something wrong with my sound or something?

Comment

i can't say i hear to much either with all the firing going on, there r times u do, but i think a perk for it is un-nessersary (spelling)

i think ppl will do better just to keep a good eye on thier mini map (hardcore excluded)

i think ppl underestimate the mini map, its such a useful tool. ppl should be planing their attacks & defense by the mini map. it will tell you where you need to be in able to get the most out of what ur trying to do, whever it be attacking or defending

Comment

I think this perk is quite obsolete tbh, the gunfire and shouting and all the other sounds mean that having dead silence isnt worth taking up a perk. And when snipers are in scope holding their breath they cant here anything anyway so whats the point?

Comment

^ On heavily populated servers, yes, there is so much background noise that the perk is less useful. However, on smaller servers, and especially Hardcore ones without a mini-map, there's more sneaking and moving cover-to-cover going on, and I find I can often hear an enemy in the vicinity when they're running/sprinting. They usually kill me, but I can hear them. :laugh:

Comment

Originally posted by Whiskey
                          ^ On heavily populated servers, yes, there is so much background noise that the perk is less useful. However, on smaller servers, and especially Hardcore ones without a mini-map, there's more sneaking and moving cover-to-cover going on, and I find I can often hear an enemy in the vicinity when they're running/sprinting. They usually kill me, but I can hear them. :laugh:
                          yes thats true.

Comment

Originally posted by Adonlude View Post
                            With all the explosions and gunfire in the multiplayer games I have been playing I can never hear footsteps, mine or my enemies. Ocassionally I hear grunting though. Is there something wrong with my sound or something?
                            Well if you playing in a server that has more then 20 people and it depend's on how you play. I can hear footstep's most of the time. I think it help's me with at least 30% of my kill's..

Comment

Working...
                            X