Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help

Okay. I just got the BF2 Complete DVD -- I installed it no problems and the game launches... when I manage to join a server, the game runs smoothly; no problems with actual game play and no random crashing either. My problem is that it takes forever to connect to account server -- but also, once I am logged in, if I click "options", "single player" - anything that you can click in the game -- it doesn't freeze, but it takes a while to load up. It's not laggy or anything, just that when I click one of those it takes a bit for it to load up; I've never had this problem and I've been playing since 2005. I'd appeciate any help I could get - I wanted to get back into BF2.

My system isn't the greatest, but it's good enough for me:
    I have a Radeon ATi x700 pcie card
    pentium d processor
    3.5 gigs of ram
    -- it isn't my card itself; it can run CoD4 and it's ran bf2 before

Delete your server cache (the servers listed in your favourite server tab) and all the server logo files, which can be found in:
    My Documents/Battlefield 2/LogoCache.

Also, have you patched to v1.41?

Comment

also make sure ur windows firewall isnt blocking it. (if it is, alt tab while its connecting to accountserver and u should see a popup)

Comment

-- I deleted my server cache to no avail; I then deleted that whole folder. I re-installed the game and patched it all. I used the 1.41 on the CD... then I used one I downloaded - nothing! It isn't my firewall or antivirus; I disabled those to make sure, and more than once. I've shut down every program to see if any of those was it -- nothing! It's only on the menu -- when I finally do get in a game an hour later it's perfectly fine, not laggy or anything. Just the menu is extremely choppy - and even so, not choppy in the sense that I can't move my cursor, just that when I click a tab - single player, options, multiplayer - it takes long to load. Any other ideas? I appreciate what you've done so far.

Comment

Maybe do a system restore to when bf2 used to work ok and see if it works any better?

Comment

It's the first time I install this game on this computer. Also, in game it says my version is 1.1.2 in game... I've run the 1.41 patch multiple times and have also reinstalled - does anybody know what else I can do?

Comment

Originally posted by zfeint View Post
              It's the first time I install this game on this computer. Also, in game it says my version is 1.1.2 in game... I've run the 1.41 patch multiple times and have also reinstalled - does anybody know what else I can do?
              What about the system restore did it change anything?

Comment

Restore did nothing! I reinstalled again. Okay, so I launch the game and click single-player only... it loads up no problems and it runs no problem, I press escape and click options and it loads normally, great, I'm happy. I then click disconnect then I actually log in with an account that can play online (I've tried more then one account, too) -- it takes long to load up, that's fine with me. But, why would options take long? Why would clicking single-player take long when I'm logged in? Is it a problem with my connection? I play other games with no internet problems, nor is it laggy! I have disabled firewall and anti-virus.

Comment

Thanks for the help you guys gave me. It just started to work out of the blue. :\ Thanks again for your time.

Comment

wow those are the same problems... i just bought the complete thing today and i download the 1.41 patch and do it multiple times and it says its at 1.12 or w/e it is. i cant join any games because it says something about unmodified content blah blah. really dumb stuff

Comment

Glad its sorted..

But if it worked out of the blue

Surely it can stop again out of the blue...

Comment

That's unfortunately true. >< Don't point it out though, my bubble will bust. And - yeah, weird stuff, sucks that it's happening to you. I really don't know any fix to tell you, man. It just went away, didn't change ANYTHING, either in game or on my computer.

Comment

my battlefield 2 doesn't say 1.41.... but it is, so don't worry about it

Comment

Try putting this in your shortcut's target box and see if it helps solve your problem,

+playNow 1 +menu 1 +fullscreen 1 +eaAccountName YourAccount +eaAccountPassword YourPW +soldierName YourSoldier

So it should look something like this,

Target:

"C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Battlefield 2142\BF2142.exe" +playNow 1 +menu 1 +fullscreen 1 +eaAccountName YourAccount +eaAccountPassword YourPW +soldierName YourSoldier

Of course yours is BF2.

This will auto-connect you to the game without having to input all that crap in and then wait for it to load.

Comment

it should say 1.1.2-something.

Comment

Working...
                              X