cant connect to a server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cant connect to a server

i just resently reinstalled bf2 after not playing for a while and install bf2 and sf. well i tryed playing them both with the v1.41 patch and nuthing, i get the server list pb inabled and my pb up to date, and hit join server. sits there untill the computer locks up not allowing me to alt+tab out or ctrl+alt+del to end it. game frezed not allowing me to play. can someone please help me.

do u run any large programs while playing bf2? it might be that you just over use your memory...

Comment

no i close everything and run enditall 2 and it closes everything that i dont close myself and its not like my comp is a peace.

specs:

Manufacturer: HP Pavilion 061
      Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3700+, MMX, 3DNow, ~2.2GHz
      Memory: 1022MB RAM
      Hard Drive: 200 GB
      Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 6800
      Monitor: Plug and Play Monitor
      Sound Card: Realtek AC97 Audio
      Keyboard: Logitec G15
      Mouse: Logitec MX518
      Operating System: Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2

Comment

ok, you have the same ammount of memory as i do, so it shouldnt be a memory error. are you sure you have the latest version of punkbuster installed? also, exactly where does the screen freeze? that would help if you could tell me where it freezes.

a possible solution is to run bf2_r.exe located in C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2. that will tell you all of the errors in bf2. skip through the errors until you reach the point where your screen freezes. whatever the error message says at that point is your problem.

Comment

its right after you hit the button to join server you hit that around of music plays until it just stits there and you cant do anything and when you try and alt tab nuthing happens, i dont know were you talking about error code but if there was one i cant see them i have to hold down the power button to shut it down.

Comment

hmmm. thats weird. when you run bf2_r.exe you dont get ANY error messages? (its not bf2.exe, its bf2_r.exe). i get a ton lol. ok well, we can just keep trying different things i guess...

do you have the latest version of punkbuster installed? how many servers do you get in your server list? what ping do you get when trying to get on a server? (i wouldnt suggest getting on a server with over 100-150 ping).

Comment

Working...
            X