Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patch Issue

I feel like a ******* for buying CoD4 Direct2Drive
    I need the patch to play but the patch offered by the sites doesnt work, I need a version supplied by direct2drive.

Does it always take them this long to release a version of the patch that direct2drive users can use?

If this takes to long I'm never buying from D2D again the only reason I did it was because I am at college and lack a car.

Why do you "need" the patch to play ?

1.1 and 1.2 are completely voluntary, and are not required to connect to any server. Some may have sv_pure set to 1 and only that will affect it (if they got it to work).

If it's a downlaod thing with D2D that won't let you play till it's patched then ignore me..lol

Comment

Issues

I have issues with random game freezes. I was hoping a version 1.2 patch would have bug fixes that applied. I am in the same boat, however. I bought game from direct2drive.com -now I can't patch it! Even if patching doesn't help, then what is causing game freezes? I have:

WIN Vista 32 Home Premium
      Intel 3.6 GHz EE P4
      Gigabyte GA-8AENXP-D 925chipset
      ATI Radeon HD2900XT 1GB GDDR4
      40" 1080p WS Samsung LCD
      2GB Corsair Dual Channel PC3500
      Creative SoundBlaster F4t4lity

All of my other games work fine (and with great frame rates!) but COD4 will freeze the system whenever certain "events" occur, like an audio subroutine is called, or what-not.

Comment

Good news is, neither the v1.1 or 1.2 patch has anything to do with in-game freezes. Each patch only addresses one specific MP issue (stats and a lean-glitch).

As for your random freezes and such...if it's happening during an audio routine you might want to try to update the audio drivers for your sound card (if you have one (ie. not onboard audio)).

Also be sure to update your video card drivers, if you are not already using the latest ones. You can find these on either www.ati.com or www.nvidia.com depending on which make your card is.

If neither of those solve the problem, you might just have a corrupt install. It happens from time to time. I'm not exactly sure how Direct2Drive works, but there should be a way to re-download your install file. Be sure of this before you do anything. Once you are sure, then uninstall the game and do a fresh install.

Comment

Working...
        X