No announcement yet.

Ram

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this card low profile "half height" http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814133203 it says PCI express x16

Comment

Originally posted by lt_dillweed
      Is this card low profile "half height" http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814133203 it says PCI express x16
      Dude, i'd cut a freakin hole in my box if i had too to put a regular sized card in there instead of this one.

just my opinion:salute:

Comment

give this site a try: http://www.ewiz.com

good deals on there sometimes and a good variety of items

Comment

Check this one out, its low profile & i think a lot better card than the other one.
          Buy XFX PVT86SWML4 GeForce 8400GS 256MB 64-bit GDDR2 PCI Express x16 HDCP Ready Low Profile Ready Video Card with fast shipping and top-rated customer service. Once you know, you Newegg!

but like i said before if possible i cut a hole in da box

Comment

yah justme i'd Mod the case to fit it also.

Comment

Originally posted by reynolddog View Post
              yah justme i'd Mod the case to fit it also.
              yeap, well im not an expert for sure, but i know those low profile cards arent the greatest cards, they'll get ya there i guess. but to get good game'n card it'd be worth puttin jigsaw to the lid/case:nod:

Comment

How do i check what kind of ram i need?

Comment

Originally posted by Mitch123 View Post
                  How do i check what kind of ram i need?
                  this is a good little program to put on your desktop, just unzip it there or where ever you like , open & hit it, it doesnt install, it just tells you allmost anything u wanna know even what kinda ram you have & speeds and slots avaliable.

with ram u want same in the banks, like you got 4 slots, your 1st & 3rd usually are your primary ,put the highest like if you got gig sticks put them in there & if ya got a 512 put it in the 2nd slot.

i donno why, just that way, unless somethign has changed since my board was made, & yepp my boards old , about 3yrs now, im ready 4 a new one

CPU-Z is a freeware that gathers information on some of the main devices of your system : Processor name and number, codename, process, package, cache levels. Mainboard and chipset. Memory type, size, timings, and module specifications (SPD). Real time measurement of each core's internal frequency, memory frequency. The CPU-Z‘s detection engine is now available for customized use through the CPUID System Information Development Kit, a professional SDK built for the Microsoft Windows & Android.

Comment

Originally posted by JustMe0171 View Post
                    this is a good little program to put on your desktop, just unzip it there or where ever you like , open & hit it, it doesnt install, it just tells you allmost anything u wanna know even what kinda ram you have & speeds and slots avaliable.

with ram u want same in the banks, like you got 4 slots, your 1st & 3rd usually are your primary ,put the highest like if you got gig sticks put them in there & if ya got a 512 put it in the 2nd slot.

i donno why, just that way, unless somethign has changed since my board was made, & yepp my boards old , about 3yrs now, im ready 4 a new one

http://www.cpuid.com/cpuz.php

well my dell motherboard has the slots 1 and 2 are dual-channel, and so are 3 and 4. the slots are colour coded, so you should go by the colour

Comment

Originally posted by lt_dillweed
                      Yes that card will work. The other card that was suggested is essentially the same, just a better brand. It is up to you whether you'd want to spend 49 or 99 bucks.

So go ahead and get it. It is not a bad card, far better than what you have now. OK it is not a 8800, but not everyone needs one. For medium quality it should suffice. You have an office PC, not a gaming rig. And don't even think about cutting holes in your case. That's such a bad idea for so many reasons. (voided warranty, compromised EMF shielding for starters...)

Mind that you currently have no dedicated video memory. Buying a card with dedicated memory, like the one above, will instantly free up 256MB of RAM

Comment

Originally posted by Tomeis
                        well my dell motherboard has the slots 1 and 2 are dual-channel, and so are 3 and 4. the slots are colour coded, so you should go by the colour
                        yes you should, and your right, but you cant go by site, you do have to go by the color, cause visually the 1st two in a row are slots 1&3 , it will be a white & black tab.
                        and 2nd two are slots 2&4

but stick with the white first black 2nd is good.

Comment

crucial.com
                          it figures out what kind you need for you.

Comment

Working...
                          X