Clear All

• server config clarification

I have some questions about the following lines of configuration:

set sv_disableClientConsole "0"
    set cl_autocmd "0"
    set sv_cheats "0"
    set sv_pure "1"
    set g_no_script_spam "1"

A lot of sites have mentioned putting this in the configuriation for security reasons, but no one seems to know why or what exactly they do.

I was hoping someone with a bit of CoD server experience can explain them a bit and if they relate to CoD4. It seems a lot of CoD2 configuration is floating around and doesnt really work with CoD4.

Crunch
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Client console is pretty obvious.. Prevents peeps from opeing their console. Don't know what good it would do you, i guess people could attempt to login to your rcon.

no idea about autocmd

Cheats is enabling functions like /kill /quit that sort of thing in the console. Not in game cheats/hacks

sv_pure makes sure that the clients have the same version and dvars set like the server, though i don't think it is wokring properly at the moment.

no idea about script spam either..

Hope i helped you out a little

Comment

Yes you did. Thanks for the reply.

Crunch
      Twitter: @CptainCrunch
      Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Just want to point out that the disableclientconsole "0" means that the variable is set to off. In other words, people can use their console. Personally I'd be a bit ticked if I couldn't open my console so I'm not recommending changing it to "1".

Comment

Working...
        X