Noob tubes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noob tubes

is ppl like me getting very pi$$ed off with'em???

its such a lame way for someone to get a kill and its only the unskilled that use'em obviously.

Why can't ppl use'em for what they r for, which is to pull out when they spot someone 50 - 100+ yrds away NOT 5 BLOODY FEET.

What i dont get is, they amke'em so they have to travel a certain distance b4 they arm them selfs, so should only be used for longer distances. Yet they let them explode on impact at 5 feet away when u hit someone.

Now if they take that off aswell so it don't explode on impact, i would mind it, cos then if you got killed by one, it would be a decent distance away and if someone tried shooting u at 5 feet away it would do nothing then you can just blow his head off the move b4 it does blow up.

This will i think stop ppl from just running round ready to use'em and actually use'em for what they r intended for....dont get me wrong, i think the GL is a very useful tool (i never use'em my self) but they just get abused like hell.

do i have a point??

and please dont start saying "its in the game bloody get used to it"
    im being serious here and yes i know theres other issues in the game aswell but i just talking about this issue.
    thx

As I said in another thread, it depends on the server you play on, and the people on that server. Some might use it excessively, while others won't. I don't have a problem with them.

Some of the challenges in the game actually involve intentional close-range killing with the GL.

Comment

If you really hate the noob tube, make sure you are not too close. I find I can kill someone before they get off their shot.

Comment

its part of the game just like being able to jump and shot.. get used to it or don't play it.

Comment

try playing on a clan server with tags in the server name. Avoid like n00b names like, "Multiplay" or "TheFragfest" just names that don't sound like clan names , you get it?

Comment

As far as ive seen, the grenades don't explode at closer ranges. Thought they do kill if you get hit directly.

Comment

They were alright when the game was released but ever since people coming along and using nothing but the GL for all their kills its stupid, even when you warn people to stop it or be forceibly removed they act like kids having a tantrum through ingame chat.

Comment

Originally posted by sogek1ng
                If you really hate the noob tube, make sure you are not too close. I find I can kill someone before they get off their shot.
                thats the point, if u just come round a coner, ur like 5 feet away and thier ready waitng with it.

Originally posted by sava700 View Post
                its part of the game just like being able to jump and shot.. get used to it or don't play it.
                or just dont play lol exectly the kinda comments i ask please not to make, be serious dude. im only saying my opinion.

but do u guys not think that if they took the direct impact off it would be better, or even had a distance limit on the direct impact aswell, say 20 yrds maybe.......?

Comment

yeha i really do hate em especially when its one player who only uses a nade launcher i was on a server that i go to alot and this guy (a 4 or 5 star so hes good but also lame) all he used was a nade lacunher he just run around shooting no stop he wouldnt even use his nades sidearm and barely the prim weapon. that was extremely lame

Comment

Originally posted by super6-4 View Post
                    all he used was a nade lacunher he just run around shooting no stop
                    Was it an unranked (modded) server? On ranked servers, you only get 2 grenades for the launcher each time you spawn.

Comment

One, avoid the Free For All (FFA) game type, it tends to be spammy.

Two, learn to deal with it. If I'm on a spam heavy server, I use things like low walls and corners to my advantage. Most 'tubers will shoot the minute they see you and aren't very good and getting people behind cover. Then do one of two things. A) Shoot them while they're reloading. B) Do a little dance and try to get them to use that second shot. Unless they have Sonic Boom, you can survive the splash damage.

Three, if it's a small game, ask them to use another weapon. I was playing a small 2v2 S&D game the other night and one guy was 'tubing everyone. I asked him if he wanted us all to switch to the GL and we run around one hitting each other, or if he wanted a real game. Strangest thing I've seen yet, he switched classes. I made it a point to say thank you, I was so shocked.

Comment

Yeah there are alot of kid's that use it.. at first it seemed it was the only way I would die.. I would shoot them but the nade would still hit me..

Comment

I don't have that much of a problem with them. It wouldn't hurt to increase the arming time by like a foot or two, but anything past that would ruin the GL.

Comment

I like how some people say "just stay away from them" or "shoot them first". How are you supposed to when it's damn near an instantanious death. I mean, you have almost no time to register the fact that the guy is stood in front of you before the grenade hits you. Especially if he runs round a corner with it on.
                            Someone in another thread said about having a 5 second timer before it switches back to the primary weapon, I think that would best.

Comment

I hate them in this game but i hav3e found if i play on the right servers with mature audiences i get real cooperation out of them if i ask them to stop.

I even managed to get a guy to move from my sniper spot for me.

Comment

Working...
                              X