Black Figures in CoD4?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Figures in CoD4?

Okay, I guess I didn't catch this at first as some games are dark, and it doesn't do this all the time, but most of the time, even on sunny maps out in the open (both sp and mp), characters are black, as in silhouettes. I thought originally this was due to some shadows, but no...lol. It's not like this all the time, but yeah...I don't think it should probably ever be like this.

Screenie example attached:

Any fix would be appreciated!

download the new driver's for you're video card.

Comment

I have the 163.75 drivers from Nvidia, so I should be okay there I think. I just came off of a reformat also. But this problem was the same before I reformatted also.

Comment

update you're DX

Comment

i think it does that when you install the game but its worth a try.

Comment

Turn down your graphics a bit. Like the lightings.

Comment

Originally posted by JoMaMaz
              I have the 163.75 drivers from Nvidia, so I should be okay there I think. I just came off of a reformat also. But this problem was the same before I reformatted also.
              Download the new Beta drivers (v169). They have fixed the same problem for other people.

Comment

Many people say the Nvidia 93.71 solves this, I can't really say anything cause I always had 93.71 =]

Comment

is your card overheating?

Comment

Here's the link - Nvidia Forceware v169 Beta Drivers: http://www.nvidia.com/Download/betad...spx?lang=en-us

Pick your series of video card, and your OS, and press Search.

For those people who are worried about "beta" drivers, get over it. They are much more stable than in yrs past. In today's gaming, they're definitely worth trying/using.

Comment

Thanks for the help everyone!

Thanks Whiskey! Put in the new beta drivers and woot, I'm no longer playing with silhouettes lol! It's cool to actually see people now lol. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Whiskey View Post
                        Here's the link - Nvidia Forceware v169 Beta Drivers: http://www.nvidia.com/Download/betad...spx?lang=en-us

Pick your series of video card, and your OS, and press Search.

For those people who are worried about "beta" drivers, get over it. They are much more stable than in yrs past. In today's gaming, they're definitely worth trying/using.
                        will pass this onto a Clan mate who's having the same problem yet he still plays :laugh:

Comment

lol! Hey, I was also playing like that for a while haha. It can actually give you an advantage in mp sometimes, somewhat of a hack. On dark maps, it's definitely a disadvantage, but on a map like backlot, silhouettes show up much easier from across a map. But I can't remember now if it was doing it on mp also...I think it did. I play this game in spurts due to being busy and now that I have it fixed, I can't remember lol! Pretty sure it was doing it though.

Comment

shoudla just did it the first time.. lol...

Comment

Those beta drivers did fix it partially for me, but now they just flicker. However my fps has been slaughtered by the beta drivers, so im back to the 163 drivers. Ive tried the r_altmodellighting 0 thing, but this also hurts my fps. Is there a fix out there that wont slow me down?
                              btw using 7950 gx2 AMD6000 3.0ghz and 2 gig ram

Comment

Working...
                              X