Call of duty 4, worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Call of duty 4, worth it?

Im a fan of games such as battlefield 2 and counter strike source (dont flame me for liking both) anyways would i want to get call of duty 4? is there a ranking system in it? (plz say no) and is it very fun...

This forum has a CoD4 section you know, and yes, it does have a ranking system.

Comment

having a likeing for both bf2 and cs you will like cod4, there is a ranking system but it is no where near as drastic as bf2's.

Comment

hmm. before i get this game i should upgrade i get lag in BF2 with medium settings....

Comment

Check your system reqs and such, I imagine that you will love CoD4.

--Moved to Call of Duty 4 Discussion, title edited - Added ", worth it?"--

Comment

Originally posted by lt_dillweed View Post
            hmm. before i get this game i should upgrade i get lag in BF2 with medium settings....
            CoD4 is not a GFX demanding game, never has. You should check your specs 1st and compare. But besides that, I know people who have 2 yr old DELLS and play on High-Medium.

Comment

Originally posted by lt_dillweed View Post
              Download the free COD4 PC demo (SP) and give it a spin so you can get an idea of how it'll run.

Comment

Hey its my private school buddy!

Yea... you should get it, games amazing. I also like BF2 and CSS and this is kind of a mix I guess... without the vehicles.

Comment

It's more of a tactical game than BF (depends what game type you're playing), multiple game types, no vehicles, weapon customization, easily gained ranks, challenges to achieve attachments and camo schemes. It's a very mod friendly game, you can download files off of the server, so there's that to look forward to once the game gets a little boring (it won't ).

Comment

If you're a BF and CS fan, then by all means you will love CoD4. There is a ranking system, but it's so easy, hardcore folks maxed out in less then a week. It will take you a month or so of casual play (1-2hrs/day) to hit level 55. After that, you need a certain number of kills with each weapon to unlock it's attachments, but they are all things you'd get through normal game play.

There are some odd challenges though. Like the one that requires you to cook a grenade without throwing it and kill yourself and an enemy in the blast.

And as others have said, the game is very mod friendly, 10x more so then BF, so it should have lasting replay value.

Comment

Originally posted by cantina_fly View Post
                      If you're a BF and CS fan, then by all means you will love CoD4. There is a ranking system, but it's so easy, hardcore folks maxed out in less then a week. It will take you a month or so of casual play (1-2hrs/day) to hit level 55. After that, you need a certain number of kills with each weapon to unlock it's attachments, but they are all things you'd get through normal game play.

There are some odd challenges though. Like the one that requires you to cook a grenade without throwing it and kill yourself and an enemy in the blast.

And as others have said, the game is very mod friendly, 10x more so then BF, so it should have lasting replay value.
                      around 2 weeks to be precise lol

and challenges are stupid, i just play normally and i get random challenges as i go along.. iv got nearly all the elite challenges like this lol

Comment

Yea you'l like it and should get it, and with you being a CS fan you'l probably spend a lot of time on the "Search and Destroy" game mode, which is just like CS, with one team attacks/plants bomb, other team defends.

Comment

Working...
                        X