Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got a couple of questions before getting this game...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got a couple of questions before getting this game...

So yah I was thinking about getting the bf2 collection, but I have some questions id like answeres to

1. can my comp handle the game well?

I played the demo and it ran flawlessly with no lag whatsoever

1024 ram
    pentium 4
    3.2 ghz
    Radeon 9550 128 mb AGP visiontek (YES I KNOW IT SUCKS please dont recomend)

2. Is there really any reason to get it with battlefeild bad company and battlfeild 3 coming out next year? like with the whole battlefield community moving on?

3. does the game have an active community or is it slowly dieing like battlefield 1942?

thanks

1. Yes, your computer will handle it. On low settings, but it will work. My brother's pentium 4 2.0ghz, 756mb ram, 5200FX plays the game at 800x600 and all low settings at around 30FPS

2. battlefield bad company is for consoles only, and there still isn't a definate answer on what BF3 will be like, or when it will come out, so BF2 will still be around for quite a while.

3. yes, the community is still big. As you can see, there's 1400 people viewing www.totalbf2.com, which is a lot more than any of the other totalgaming sites. there's about 1000 ranked, not empty servers online at one time. and I think there's like 20k people online usually

Comment

Your comp is fine for this game... as a matter of fact you WANT to turn down alot of the settings if you plan to be a great player. like the shadows and florage (especally if you try sniping) ....

If you like FPS and fast paced military combat games you will love BF2.

Although your Vcard is not the greatest if you set it a profile for bf2 and bring it's settings down to "medium" then ingame just lower some settings you will fine if you have a good network connection.

Even gamers with ultimate core duo and 2Gig ram and PCIexpress 512 video cards will get the '3point' lag problem .... the gamer you are trying to hit is one place ... the game servers registers them at the "medium" place and you see them at the place they where a few seconds earlier.

So have at least a broadband or dls connection if you want to play and not have some issues with kills..

but even some 56k'r still play so if you have the above network connection you gonna own them. lol

Comment

ok cool cool I have broadband so it shouldnt be a problem, and I tried playing the game at medium settings and it ran same as it ran at the lowest

I just remembered this question

I dont have a dvd drive, but I found on the EA site I could just pay for it and it will go right to my comp, and if so I am planning on paying and downloading the collection, will this include all the up to date expansions and stuff or must i spend 10 or so more dollars on a more up to date expansion?

thanks guys I appreciate that this community is alot more active with my questions than the other site iI tried

thanks again

Comment

Don't get it. You'll probably come back and whine that everybody is hacking like half the retards do here anyway, but they've been playing for a year and still suck. I think I'd be disappointed if I got the game now. All of the competition is dead and most of the elite players are moving to Call of Duty 4 (which I'll be doing come Christmas)

But, I guess it is only $10. Just don't come back and whine.

Comment

Yea get it, it has tons 2 do from base raping, j-10 raping, Tkin with the jeep , and more

Comment

sorry to burst ur bubble there but ur 9550 will NOT run it. my friend has the same spec as you,(same card also) he had to change his video card to a 6200 that i hooked him up with to run the game. the rest is fine. but nowa days u can get a card that runs it for like 60 us.

Comment

heres a piece of fact: there are more bf2 servers then 2142 because in 2142 i could only find 500 or so but with bf2 i found 700+

Comment

eyyaz, I hope you know there are around 5000 servers for BF2 in gamespy...

Comment

The reason the demo work flawlessly is because this is before DICE screwed the game.

Comment

im still gonna get it ive had people reply to me on the other forum say tha they play th egame on a geoforce fx5200

and i dont give a damn for hackers

Comment

Originally posted by gunitsoldier127 View Post
                        sorry to burst ur bubble there but ur 9550 will NOT run it. my friend has the same spec as you,(same card also) he had to change his video card to a 6200 that i hooked him up with to run the game. the rest is fine. but nowa days u can get a card that runs it for like 60 us.
                        when bf2 first came out and for 8 months after i had the 9550 and it worked on medium flawlessly, it was a actually a very good card for its time and for the price.

Comment

yah dude im sure his was defective or something I bought a radeon 9250 256 mb and it was defective a couple months after i got it

Comment

Originally posted by jamesv2900
                            yah dude im sure his was defective or something I bought a radeon 9250 256 mb and it was defective a couple months after i got it
                            probably sapphire, X1950pro defective, worst cooling i have ever seen on a video card, who was the brain that forgot to cover the VRM's with a cooling device therefore overheating like mad.

Comment

so sydus should it work ok?

its a VISIONtek Radeon 9550 128 mb

and what does that guy mean when he said the demo worked fine because it was before dice screwed it up?

cause I am buying it via download and pay since i dont have a dvd drive

thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X