Sniper Tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sniper Tips

I'm an absolutle noob with anything that has a scope on it but I really wanna get into sniping because it looks so awesome in this game.

What rifle would you recommend to start with (I have all) and should I rather use Stopping Power and Iron Lungs or Stopping Power and Dead Silence or Overkill and Dead Silence/Iron Lungs?

If I should use Overkill, what gun do I use to back up my rifle?

How about some tips on camouflage, does it actually make a difference if your rifle fits well into the surroundings (colour wise)?

Thx in advance.

I'm working on a sniper guide atm, so I'll let you know when I release that.

In the meantime:

I would use the m40, many people here will recommend the R700, but I find the M40 to hit the target more.

I use the following perks:

Claymore or Bandolier (You choose)
    UAV Jammer (For Ghillie Maps)
    Iron Lungs

Iron lungs is a big help, as it gives you ~10 seconds of breathing time, giving you plenty of time to line up your target. However, if you don't use all of it you will have a shorter period of time to wait before you're allowed to hold your breath again.

I recommend not using overkill, but if you do, use a silenced P90 or MP5, as they have fast rates of fire for that last ditch effort.

Rifle camo hasn't appeared to matter much, but I use the camo specific to the map (Digital for Snow, Woodland for Wooded, etc.).

Another tip, always hold your breath before popping up, this will allow you to have a steadied rifle the minute you expose yourself, giving you a quicker, more accurate shot.

Always go for headshots, and, depending on your play style, only go for targets you know you can kill.

Rather than using overkill, pick up enemy weapons.

*BTW, hardcore mode is MUCH more sniper friendly. Although regular will make you a better sniper.

Comment

Aerialz nails it on the head :P - Look foreward to that guide! :P

Overkill isn't really needed if you had a decent sidearm, and you get to use other perks like UAV jamming by not using overkill :-P.

Comment

^^ Yeah, I never play without UAV Jammer.

Comment

You may also want to consider Deep Impact instead of Iron Lungs, to allow you a greater chance to pop an oppt when they duck into cover, particularly near windows.

Comment

Originally posted by Whiskey View Post
            You may also want to consider Deep Impact instead of Iron Lungs, to allow you a greater chance to pop an oppt when they duck into cover, particularly near windows.
            we dont need to shoot through metal, we shoot through heads

and IMO R700 Rifle > All

But thats my preference, i always play with my R700, Deagle, UAV Jammer, Iron Lungs

Comment

USP + Silencer... tsk tsk.

I've been trying the R700 more lately, and actually been doing pretty well with it. Maybe I'll find myself a new favorite rifle

Comment

i figure though if i have been found by the enemy a silenced pistol isnt going to help because if i kill them they will come back again and i would rather have a powerful pistol to finish them off the first time then grab the weapon they dropped waiting for them to return.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Eliminator View Post
                  we dont need to shoot through metal, we shoot through heads
                  Yeah, but what about metal, AND a head?

Comment

Originally posted by Whiskey
                    Yeah, but what about metal, AND a head?
                    thats called an indirect hit (bull ****ting right now)

but basically i never take a shot unless i know im going to kill.

Comment

Chose whichever sniper you want. Just be sure to give it time to adjust to. You can be good with any of the snipers as long as you are used to using it. For example, once I finished the M21 challenges and I switched to the Dragunov, I wanted to go back to the M21 as I was much more used to it.

About perks, it really depends on the map whether to use Overkill or UAV Jammer. If it's a "ghillie map," then use UAV Jammer, if it's an urban map or something like Wet Work, I'd say use Overkill. For the third perk always use Iron Lungs, it really helps when sniping. The first perk, I suggest using Bandoiler.

Originally posted by The_Eliminator View Post
                      i figure though if i have been found by the enemy a silenced pistol isnt going to help because if i kill them they will come back again and i would rather have a powerful pistol to finish them off the first time then grab the weapon they dropped waiting for them to return.
                      You might get the attention of others.

Comment

I choose my rifle according to challenges(now im finishing up with .50cal)...

But everytime im moving with sniper kit, i have
                        USP.45+Silencer
                        Claymores(really useful when it comes to covering flanks)
                        UAV Jammer(You only show up on minimap)
                        Iron Lungs(Gives you that few seconds when the sniper just went behind cover)

My tip would be, don't rush the shots. You don't have to (try to)shoot everything what moves..

Comment

K, I'm going to try all of them
                          I used the M82A1 yesterday and I didn't like it :/ Whenever you shoot, it's equivalent to an airstrike raiding the map and the instant you do it, everyone knows where you are (even in hardcore mode)

Besides that, the recoil on it is a bit too much for me and imo, makes a second shot very hard/impossible.

Had some positive experiences with the R700, but I'm going to try all of them and see what each on is good

Thx in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by -Spartan`II7^ View Post
                            K, I'm going to try all of them
                            I used the M82A1 yesterday and I didn't like it :/ Whenever you shoot, it's equivalent to an airstrike raiding the map and the instant you do it, everyone knows where you are (even in hardcore mode)

Besides that, the recoil on it is a bit too much for me and imo, makes a second shot very hard/impossible.

Had some positive experiences with the R700, but I'm going to try all of them and see what each on is good

Thx in advance.
                            You just need to adapt to play with the gun...

I just finished all sniper challeges and at the moment the .50 cal is my sniper of choise...

Just try out all of the guns and see what fits you the most...

Comment

The second I picked up the .50, it was annihilation. But it didn't give me that true sniper feeling like I get with the bolt actions.

Plus, you always see the CQC .50 spammers... :/

Comment

Working...
                              X