Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My list of general complaints, not very many!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My list of general complaints, not very many!

The game, so far, has been fricken awesome!

But there are a few things that annoy me, and will hopefully be fixed in mods or patches. Here they are:

Airstrikes and Choppers add an arcadish feel to a serious game. I hate the idea of getting little gifts for doing good. All it does is make a victory a landslide and shuts out the enemy team, making for a very gay round. I played once where a guy would send an airstrike at spawn, kill 5 or 6, then wait til next round and send it again, kill 5 or 6, and repeat. It was terrible and my whole team had no fun, and his team got no kills or fun (besides that a**hat sending the strikes). Plus, Choppers immediately know where you are, it's annoying.

That little "press space to jump" you see all the time. It's smooth at times and makes for easy movement in some areas, but generally is finicky and too scripted. Either it requires you to be standing in such a precise location that you spend waiting 30 seconds just to find the spot where it lets you, or the area is massive and when you just want to jump you end up getting sucked through a window or over a low wall. It's nice but, IMO, is too much, just let us jump the old fashioned way.

Knifing having it's own button. This is annoying, I want my old knife back. Also, non one hit knives would be nice, like in CS:S. Sure, getting shanked is gonna hurt, but wont instantly kill unless they hit a vital vein or your heart. Even having your throat slit lets you live a few minutes.

Make snipers hold their breath longer. Free divers go for 5 minutes or more while swimming. I think a soldier can go longer than 45 seconds while laying still.

More attachments per gun. Make it so you can put on more, but at a price, like replacing perks with attachments. It seems fair enough and would be a great feature.

That's all I've got to complain about CoD4, now that my mini rant is over feel free to discuss, add, agree, disagree, flame, etc.

Personally, I LOVE having knife have it's own button. It's super awesome nifty.

Snipers can only hold their breath for so long to keep it balanced.

If they made it so you used jump the old fashioned way, you would have to be able to JUMP as high as you can CLIMB, which is rather high. I like the space to jump over thing, they just need to tweak it a bit.

The airstrikes and chopper can be a bit annoying at times. The airstrikes, I don't mind. The choppers, however, sometimes fly through walls and buildings, which is extremely queer. I have no trouble with them in combat, though.

Comment

I would love a silencer with a red dot scope.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDesert_Fox View Post
        Airstrikes and Choppers add an arcadish feel to a serious game. I hate the idea of getting little gifts for doing good. All it does is make a victory a landslide and shuts out the enemy team, making for a very gay round. I played once where a guy would send an airstrike at spawn, kill 5 or 6, then wait til next round and send it again, kill 5 or 6, and repeat. It was terrible and my whole team had no fun, and his team got no kills or fun (besides that a**hat sending the strikes). Plus, Choppers immediately know where you are, it's annoying.
        I think they're fine, just the streak required should be a bit more. I think four kills for UAV, eight kills for air strike, and twelve kills for a chopper would be good. AND the air strike and chopper kills don't add to that streak required for the next support.
        That little "press space to jump" you see all the time. It's smooth at times and makes for easy movement in some areas, but generally is finicky and too scripted. Either it requires you to be standing in such a precise location that you spend waiting 30 seconds just to find the spot where it lets you, or the area is massive and when you just want to jump you end up getting sucked through a window or over a low wall. It's nice but, IMO, is too much, just let us jump the old fashioned way.
        If you want to simply jump over something, just laterally jump over it. I know what you mean by all that, but I know you are exaggerating a bit. One of the things I do to get past it is to jump up towards the ledge then hit 'space' again to go over it. I, myself, miss the old jump and crouch to get through windows. It is nice sometimes, sometimes the ledge is too high to simply jump over and some of those cases it's a pain to go around.
        Knifing having it's own button. This is annoying, I want my old knife back. Also, non one hit knives would be nice, like in CS:S. Sure, getting shanked is gonna hurt, but wont instantly kill unless they hit a vital vein or your heart. Even having your throat slit lets you live a few minutes.
        It used to be hitting the person with your weapon in previous Call of Duty's. Back in Call of Duty, certain weapons didn't kill in one hit (i.e, grenades, pistols, SMG's, etc.), some did (rifles, snipers, LMG's, etc.). I agree with you for the most part, but I like the 'melee key' more than equipping a knife like you did in CSS.
        Make snipers hold their breath longer. Free divers go for 5 minutes or more while swimming. I think a soldier can go longer than 45 seconds while laying still.
        I couldn't agree more, but if snipers could hold their breath for a longer time, then it could unbalance the game some. :hmm:
        More attachments per gun. Make it so you can put on more, but at a price, like replacing perks with attachments. It seems fair enough and would be a great feature.
        I'd like to see the option for the regular attachments for a weapon and any attachments that would replace perk one (grenade launcher or fore grip with a reflex sight, ACOG sight, or silencer).

Comment

I agree with everything you said but i would like to add, i would rather see Air Strikes at a kill streak of 10 and a Helicopter at a kill streak of 15.

Comment

Yeah the knife is overpowered ever since Halo melee all game's have been doing that crap where if you hit them they will die but if you shoot them they can run away hide and heal... I really hate it..

Comment

That means they have to make every single attachment combination for each weapon. Too much work...

Comment

Spiked, I like your idea of not having airstrikes and choppers add to the total. Even just 20 minutes ago I was playing Wet Work, got 5 kills, died, sent it, killed 7 (that map is great for them), got my second UAV and Airstrike, plus a chopper. Felt like a total ****, no fun for the other team.

Nade launchers and grips are already debatable overpowered, if anything I'd say they be exempt from the two attachment feature. A silencer and reflex would be worth giving up a perk, IMO. Maybe if an nade launcher + other attachment took up two perks, then it'd be pretty fair.

Comment

UAV should remain at 3, airstrike should be 7, Chopper should be 10.

Comment

Originally posted by youm0nt
                    That means they have to make every single attachment combination for each weapon. Too much work...
                    erm not really, especially as you cant use both the red dot sight AND Acog.

Red Dot Sight with silencer
                    Red Dot Sight with GL
                    Acog With Silencer
                    Acog With GL

Apply that to all the guns which use that then for the others,

Red Dot Sight With Grip
                    Acog With Grip

Not too hard if you ask me, no harder than the perk combinations.

Comment

For PC, is there a stance indicator for multi-player? And if so, where is the option to turn it on?

I don't seem to have one on my screen (it's there in SP, but not MP), even if I fire up a listen server of my own.

Comment

I get hung up on every door and wall. Going prone is assnine, you loose any movement radius. I hate waiting.......and waiting.......to play. I dont know if any other games CoD4 has but the brief time i spend online i am waiting. I looked for maps to see what is what and it is elusive as a honest politician.

It has yet to grow on me, in fact I am closer to going to another FPS. I dont see how they could have something so nice then cram it into a shoebox.

Comment

Originally posted by TSlaw[42SRT]
                          I would love a silencer with a red dot scope.
                          yes please

Comment

Working...
                          X