X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Patching!

Hey

I bought my cod 4 from steam, and now when I try to setup the new patch
    v1.2 it says that I need to download the patch for the digital purchase. Where can I find the patch?

Plz help!

Best regards

Thomas

I believe Steam should automatically update it, there is no need for you to download the patch.

Comment

I just wonder why i got in the main menu "Auto update" button(it wasn't there yesterday). When i click it, it says that my current version is 1.1, when i selected 'update' and downloaded the 1.2 patch it said that i got that already installed and no need for update...

Comment

Originally posted by StoneCold313 View Post
        I just wonder why i got in the main menu "Auto update" button(it wasn't there yesterday). When i click it, it says that my current version is 1.1, when i selected 'update' and downloaded the 1.2 patch it said that i got that already installed and no need for update...
        I have exactly the same thing, patch is installed but still says v1.1

Comment

Try asking here:

Comment

I got hard copy of the game, does it matter?

Comment

I got hard copy of the game, does it matter?
              No. Steam is only for people who bought the game electronically.

But, if your game is only showing version 1.1, and you can't update it with the official 1.2 patch installer, try the alternate one that I posted in the "Patch 1.2" thread in the news section.

Comment

the game works just fine... Best i have had is 6000+ servers... And i can play without any problems(no "there is a problem with your connection" )

I just wonder why it says that my version is 1.1....

The game might be still sleeping or something...

Comment

I just wonder why it says that my version is 1.1....
                  It says 1.1 because the patch didn't apply itself to MP correctly (IW put it out fast, and might not have tested it well enough). It likely only patched the SP exe.

Use this one instead, and it should patch your MP game to 1.2: http://www.10-78.com/Upload/COD4%201.2%20Patch.exe

Comment

I'll check out that later... Im not surfing from my gaming rig now...

So i'll get back to you about how it goes..

Comment

Originally posted by Whiskey View Post
                      It says 1.1 because the patch didn't apply itself to MP correctly (IW put it out fast, and might not have tested it well enough). It likely only patched the SP exe.

Use this one instead, and it should patch your MP game to 1.2: http://www.10-78.com/Upload/COD4%201.2%20Patch.exe
                      Thanks whisky! I was having same problem as these folks was wondering what was up.

Comment

Thanks guys

Comment

Originally posted by Whiskey View Post

Thanks man... It did the trick..

:salute:

Comment

Working...
                          X