Mouse Wheel for Primary Fire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mouse Wheel for Primary Fire

One of my guild mates was pwning it up with the G3 the other night and I asked him how he was doing it. He was more then happy to share some old school CoD goodness that I'd never heard before. So after trying it out myself, I was so impressed, I wanted to share.

Bind your primary fire key to Mouse Wheel Forward (or Back, doesn't matter.) You can still leave it on Left Mouse Button for full auto fire, but using the mouse wheel gives more fire control.

Fore full auto weapons, this lets you squeeze off single shots and short bursts. This is especially helpful for guns like the AK when you're trying to make those longer shots.

For semi-auto weapons, this give you a much higher rate of fire then most people can get by quickly left clicking. The G3 and pistols saw the most dramatic increase. The semi-auto sniper rifles still have too much recoil for this to be effective. I don't have the M14 yet, so I can't report on it.

Fire up a local server and play around. Vary how fast you scroll the mouse wheel and watch the results. Scrolling as fast as you can actually isn't the best option. The game doesn't seem to be able to detect "mouse clicks" that fast, but there's a sweet spot just shy of full spin that lets you unload your pistol at near full auto speeds.

Enjoy.

Some fellow was talking about this on another forum the other day...also with the G3. He swears by it.

Comment

I tried it in CoD2, but the semiauto Russian gun fired so slow that clicking was faster, and it just made my fingers tired. But it works wonders for high rof guns cause it lets you fire in short bursts easily!

Comment

yeah i tried this, and it doesn't work for me.. I bound my fire button to wheel up, and i tried it on the G3. It was actually slower than clicking, and i couldn't aim as good.

i have a razer diamondback 3G mouse, so the wheel is pretty tight. Could that be why i cant do it?

Comment

This works well for me. The biggest improvement seems to be on the M14 or the semi auto snipers.

Comment

Mousewheel down seems easier to me.

Comment

You can have 2 buttons for each action, right? So you could have mouse wheel down and left click both on fire?

Why not have mouse wheel up and mouse wheel down both set to fire? Get doubletap and go crazy with those semi-autos.

I did that in CSS with the dualies. It was very nubish, but very fun.

Comment

I remember DoD for the original Halflife platform... the M1 Carbine was freakin' unstoppable by binding mwheelup and mwheel down to +attack. A lot of servers banned it.

Comment

I brought this up like 2 weeks ago and got flamed and ppl called it cheap :/
                  Anyway, I use mousewheel up and down which indeed is a lot faster than anyone can click.

Comment

Working...
                  X