Need help finding a computer.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help finding a computer.

I'd like to get a second computer that can run BF2 on good settings. I'd like to spend $500-$600 for the tower/keyboard/mouse on a desktop computer. Please help me out. Thanks.

Have any of you heard of cyberpowerpc.com?

I'm not sure if this deal is still on, but I bought a Dell Inspiron 531 for $531CAD back in August.

The specs are:
    AMD Athlon 64 X2 4000+
    1GB PC5300 RAM
    250GB SATA HDD
    8600GT 256mb DDR3

Came with optical dell mouse, dell keyboard and a dell mouse pad (i don't use them, though, because I have better stuff)

I spent about $40 for another 2GB of RAM. The only thing you'd need to upgrade would be the RAM, because you need atleast 2GB to play BF2 on all high settings.

Now, this isn't close to a high-end computer, but for $500 - $600 it's pretty good. Plays BF2 on all high on my 19" (Dell) monitor, and COD4, bioshock, FEAR, timeshift, gears of war and some other on all high.

But, this was back in August and I know prices have dropped on most of my parts, so you could probably get it cheaper now. You could probably even get better hardware for about the same price, but atleast this gives you a general idea.

Comment

cyberpowerpc.com yeh the web is great it has a few comps pretty good but the best ones range from 1000$ and above mate.

ur price range u can get a comp from that web with a 8600GT which is able to play nowadays games but i would advice u get an 88 series

Comment

i suggest u just upgrade ur pc-(get a gfx card, processor, ect...) might b cheaper tahn gettin a new one...

Comment

Working...
        X