Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Safe mode mess with your PC system settings or just in-game settings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Safe mode mess with your PC system settings or just in-game settings?

Just curious as to what COD4 means when it says safe mode will change your 'system' settings but not the controls whenever run the game after crashing. What does it mean by 'system' settings?

Graphics.

Comment

In-game graphics right? Does not mess with your windows settings at all?

Comment

No, it just tones down your in-game graphics and sound quality to the lowest.

Comment

so how do you get your game out of safe mode?? mine came up "the game has not shut down properly play in safe mode" or something like that. so how do you get it back to you original settings?? or is it a re install job.

Comment

be careful.. i reinstalled cause the game didnt shut down properly. oh ya and it would run after that either . so by reinstalling i lost all my rank unlocks and perks. and that happened the second day i had the game. i was already seargant major ,,so im bummed. Goood news is game works again and im playing.

Comment

Originally posted by Dragbag View Post
              so how do you get your game out of safe mode?? mine came up "the game has not shut down properly play in safe mode" or something like that. so how do you get it back to you original settings?? or is it a re install job.
              Just start up the game and if you're prompted to start in safe mode, chose 'no'. Then just go in and change your graphics settings to what you wish, be sure that X-fire is closed (if you use it) when you do go to change your settings.

Comment

Working...
              X