Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game Won/Loss ratio

Hi,

I have found that unless you join a clan, your won/loss ratio is going to hopelessly one-sided. On servers where they allow squad locking, it seems the top 6 guys from either team are all on the same side, and win every single time, regardless of map. Often I have played Titan games where the enemy Titan shields were barely past the halfway point when my Titan gets destroyed. The games pretty well have red missile silos for the entire time. Also, it seems all the noobs (and yes, I was once one) are all on my side. I can see guys firing away at their own troop transports, other guys just standing around shooting at walls, running at their own teammates with a knife, etc. When it comes to Titan defense, it is me and 2 or 3 others against the entire opposing force.

Is there anything I can do about this? I have bookmarked a few servers where they support Auto-balancing and do not allow squad locking, but is there any point in playing on the other ones? Since no one likes to lose, it seems every time I join those servers, I get stuck into an incredibly lop-sided battle. Even staying on for 5 battles in a row just seems to bring in a never-ending series of clueless guys against battle-hardened veterans. And if I manage to join at the correct time and get added to the "winning side", after that round ends I often see the message pop up that I have been switched to the other team. From that point on, if I stick around, it is a total slaughter.

Leaving the server in search of another counts as a loss! Just wondering what others thought about that.

DD.

How the Hell did I get my college ribbon I will never know

Join a clan easy thing to do

Comment

My Secondary Soldier has a W/L Ratio of around 3.3/1 and I have only played around 1/3 of his playing time with my clan There are many, MANY tricks to winning.

1: The last team you spawn on is the team that counts for a Win/Loss. In other words, if I join a game and see that my team (EU) is hopelessly ahead, I spawn. If for some reason I get teamswitched to the hopelessly losing PAC, just Disconnect! You get the W/L depending on the team that you SPAWNED on last. So, if you join a server and get put on the losing team, either wait to switch or Disconnect.
      2: If you join at round start, you just have to forget point whoring and actually start playing for the win. Did that FAV Get past you and is heading to ruins? Hit Suicide and spawn back at Ruins. Defend it. The Suicide button is a GOOD thing when going for a nice W/L Ratio.
      3: Is your team down by ten tickets? Play as medic and start rezzing. Can't go wrong there! Are both teams at around 6 tickets? Consider playing with a Sudnik or Mitchel. Kills with any AV Weapon "Kill" rather than critically wound, and subtract a ticket IMMEDIATLY! Shooting at a dead body with a walker will also put it into a "Killed" State and subtract a ticket.
      4: Is your team down by 20+ Tickets? If round didn't just start, your team is more than likely screwed. Attempt a Teamswitch, or leave the server (Assuming you didn't spawn on the losing team yet).

Sometimes you simply have to man up and take a loss... It is painful to lose, but it is a part of the game.

Just keep working at it and you will have an excellent W/L Ratio in no time

Comment

Originally posted by Fingulfin
        3: Is your team down by ten tickets? Play as medic and start rezzing. Can't go wrong there! Are both teams at around 6 tickets? Consider playing with a Sudnik or Mitchel. Kills with any AV Weapon "Kill" rather than critically wound, and subtract a ticket IMMEDIATLY! Shooting at a dead body with a walker will also put it into a "Killed" State and subtract a ticket.
        Never underestimate the importance of rezzing people. Every teammate you rez saves your team a ticket. I finished one round the other day on Camp G and got 3 Emergency Rescue pins and finished with 27 revives. Our team won 7-0. It was a close round. If it gets down to less than 10 tickets each tell your teammates not to spawn in when they die. From what I can tell, if you don't spawn in your team doesn't lose the ticket. Somone correct me if I'm wrong on that.

Comment

I tried that tactic skates, and it doesn't work. When the 15 seconds are up, a ticket is used regardless if the guy spawns immediately or 30 seconds later

Comment

Originally posted by Quemical View Post
            I tried that tactic skates, and it doesn't work. When the 15 seconds are up, a ticket is used regardless if the guy spawns immediately or 30 seconds later
            Good to know, thanks.

Comment

its generally good for more people to start spawning as medics when the game is real close though. it gets really frustrating for the enemy to kill someone three times in a row and still not die =D
              somehow i have a 1.01 WL ratio. its prolly because winning games means your squad is good, and i stay on the server MUCH longer when the squad is actually working together. if not i'd leave every 5 rounds or so.

Comment

I never change teams...well probably that´s why my w/l ratio is low .
                I don´t like be in the loosing side, but I think it´s no fun to change teams when your team is being owned. That´s when I try harder.

Comment

when my team loses cos the other team is better i usually stay cos i'm still having fun.
                  when my team loses cos everyone solos and people whore APCs and stuff, i usually quit even if i win, cos thats a lucky win.

Comment

there was a realy helpfull topic about the win loss explaining what to do if you join a server etc just dont spawn but wait for next round unless that team suddenly is going to win.

Comment

I think I can attribute to all my losses due to either team incompentance or the enemy playing dirty. ie, main base spawn raping. But since that is due to team incompentance, I think I'll just blame that idiot next to me

Comment

Same here Sometimes it is truly apparent though... The enemy team has 8 Brigs and you are the only person higher than Captain on your team :|: If that happens, I switch ASAP or DC from the server.

Comment

Play, have fun and ignore the stats! If you are playing on random pubs, you simply won't have a huge impact on your win/loss.

I've got a win/loss barely over 1 which I feel is pretty good for an average player who just sticks to whatever team I was given.

People who drop or team switch to avoid losses do nothing but disrupt pubs and cause more problems.

Comment

one person can change the outcome of the game on a lot of maps. on gibraltar, if you're a good driver with the jeep, you can often singlehandedly cap a back point from EU which leads to a win. i had about 30 wins in a row on gibraltar (switching team each round) just because i would always manage to cap a rear point on PAC, and on EU i always had the walker and got 20:0 or 30:0. i wasn't playing against people like Fingulfin either though just random pubbers

Comment

EDIT: ^^^ Beat me to it...I was typing mine when you posted. I agree completely.

My win/loss is 535/473 and I'm not in a clan, and I've only teamswitched twice in 1000+ matches. I think one key to a good win loss ratio without clan membership is what I do...two things: 1) Play assault, and 2) lead the server in kills.

If you lead the server with ~40 kills, and are playing assault, you can usually get 10-20 revives as well. Those two combined means you'd net your team a total of 40-50 tickets, depending on how many enemies are revived. one soldier generating 15-20% of the net ticket changes in a round = good chance for a team win.

The only other thing is to CAP FLAGS. No one else seems to care. My typical conquest gameplan is to run from flag to flag, capping/defending the closest one to me and moving on, killing all enemies i come across on the way. I cap/defend about 5-8 flags in a full round. Flags captures obviously mean your team doesn't lose the round with 250 tickets left because they ran out of spawn points. Maybe the other team does instead.

Comment

Working...
                              X