FPS screen lag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FPS screen lag

The last 2 days i've had a major fps issue....

my gfx card a bfg 8800gtx 786mb, when cod4 was released was getting 91fps according to the console command, i've just noticed, that if i go to the corner of a map and face out it's 91fps, if i turn and face in, it drops to 19fps, also whilst facing out if i shoot it drops to about 29fps, i was using the 163 64bit nvidia drivers and tried the 169 but no joy, anyone any ideas please....

What resolution are you playing at and do you have AA on?

Comment

Card overheating?

Comment

my computer can barely run COD4 so wat screen resolution should i use on the game??

Comment

The smallest one, might try 800X600 but if your PC can't handle that, use a smaller one.

Post your specs so we can help better though.

Comment

look in the so you think ur pc cant run COD4 thread to see all my specs and everything it shows everything im having probs with

Comment

wow thats weird mate I have an 8800 GTS 320mb and I run maxed at 50+ FPS all the time :/

I'd say the card is overheating or it's a faulty card.

Comment

Originally posted by Dilldrav14 View Post
                look in the so you think ur pc cant run COD4 thread to see all my specs and everything it shows everything im having probs with
                I'd go with the lowest possible resolution, it's still very well playable but the problem is, your CPU is far from fast enough to play the game.

Comment

i have nvid 8600 gts 512mb ddr2 with anti aliasing off 800x600 resolution
                  60mhz refresh rate and all options on low .... i run 40 - 60 fps. If i change everything to max quality i run around 20 fps...check your settings

Comment

it turned out I had to downgrade my moptherboard bios

Comment

ReaperUK, I'm having the same problem. And tried almost everything! Could you give a little more detail on your fix? What MOBO are you running? Thanks!

Comment

I'm running an asus crosshair nforce motherboard had to downgrade from 0904 bios to 0802 bios

Comment

Working...
                        X