My Frame Rate is Stuck!!!(only MP)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Frame Rate is Stuck!!!(only MP)

For the past 3 days I have noticed my frame rate has been bouncing between 15-21 FPS. I have done everything to try to solve this annoying problem ie: defrag, virus scan, uninstall/install drivers, spy ware scan, turned off unnecessary processes ect. Funny thing is, now I don't think it is just COD4, all my other games have been getting poorer performance(CSS used to run at 70-100FPS now its 40-50) and it's getting annoying.

My specs are:
    E6400 @ 2.67
    8800GTS 640MB
    2GB RAM
    650WATT PSU

I just can't figure this thing out. I have put everything on low and it's 20FPS. Put everything on extra and I get 20FPS.

Any type of help would be greatly appreciated. :salute:

PS: it hurts my eyes playing 20FPS.....

The game could be capping it? Try openning the console by hitting the tilda key (number above TAB) and typing in 'com_maxfps 400' without the ''. Default is 80 so it shouldn't be this.

Comment

I gave your advice a shot and sorry but no luck. lol at first i was being a noob and forgot the "/" but then realized it and entered the command correctly. Unfortunately it did not solve my problem. One thing i did find interesting is it did jump to 50 or 60FPS for about 1 second. It might be something else, a virus or some other program limiting it and not the game but i can't find info about it.

Any other suggestions?

thanks btw.

YAY i fixed the problem!! I think it was zone alarms slowing it down somehow. I turned it off and it works fine now

Me=Happy

Comment

Working...
      X