Wow... and they couldnt do it in BF2.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow... and they couldnt do it in BF2.

Everyone who knows anything about BF2 remembers the talk about 128 player servers, and there even was a test event some guys put together to see if they "cracked" it.

About 3 days ago I found this.

I forgot to highlight the important part, so Im ust going to tell you.

Theres a 30/32 player server in SWAT4 v1.0. SWAT4 until now has always been limited to 16 players (to those who need explanation, 16 for SWAT4 is 64 for BF2, max cap). As I said, these types of servers have been unsuccesful until now and from what I see, its the only server in both versions that exceeds maximum capacity.

To create a discussion, what has stopped this from happening in BF2?

I think it's the fact that dice didn't release the core coding of BF2, which contained settings such as the maximum number of players.

I remember the PR guys trying and failing to make a 128 player server, I'm sure they'll be able to give a more detailed answer.

Comment

Yes, some PR players did try to get 128 players but after 65 players, the server crashed. The reason why Dice didn't want 128 player servers is they said it wouldn't be fun with that amount of players and there was too much players on one map, if I remember correctly they said this...

Comment

Zombie Squad and Cain's Lair have 64 man titan, but I'm not sure that's the same thing since BF has always supported 64, and the 48 limit for titan was probably not a engine thing, but with reserved slots in 2142 there used to be a glitch that let you have more players than the server allowed (50/48 for example), maybe with some hacking you can get over 64 people on a server.

Comment

They modded the Gez Mod for that... That's the only server(s)(i think they have multiple) what has done that...

Comment

Originally posted by StoneCold313 View Post
            They modded the Gez Mod for that... That's the only server(s)(i think they have multiple) what has done that...
            I hardly think a Gez mod was used to create extra slots, unless Im missing some news. They do have 2 servers, but one is standard size.

Im honestly amused that its the first time theres such a famous and successful modded server. Ive seen plenty of "experiments" before, none have taken off and from what I understood, it just "looked" as if it could carry more than 16 people.

Comment

Originally posted by StoneCold313 View Post
              Not unless it's been in a very recent release.

Comment

It's been "while" since i have played swat...

But i asked the admin in that server and he said that they modded the Gez..

It could have changed since then... Back then i think they had 2 modded servers, and one normal...

Comment

Stone, would you know of the process is limited to v1.0 or can it be modded in v1.1 aswell?

Comment

there must be a way to mod more than 64 in to bf2,

i would say "the missing code is key"

but this is what i find a bit odd.

i have a spare pc that i run a coop server for some close friends of mine(chopper pracy FTW!)

and using bf2sp bot changer thing i can role out 80 bots and still keep the server giving 32fps (dedicated)

obviously bots are different,but you would think the theory is the same.

80bots is more strain for the cpu , than 80 players,

could be a bandwidth problem also.

Comment

I don't know about those mods.

I can ask around from my old swat connections in xfire.. But i don't promise anything...

If i still would have my swat installed i could go into that modded server and ask them about it...

*Edit*

So i did some diggin, and none of my buddies knew if it would work in 1.1...

But go to
                      เกมออนไลน์ได้เงินจริง สมัครเล่นฟรี pubg steam สเปค genshin impact download pc เกมมือถือ lol lux เกม เศรษฐี ออนไลน์ pubg names โหลดเกมยูริ 4 ฟรี Cabal Online เกมมดฟรี สกินเกมมายคราฟช้าง เกมยิงซอมบี้ pc ออฟ ไลน์ เกมคลายเครียด ออนไลน์

and ask them yourself...

Im sure they'll will help you out with this one...

Comment

In bf2 is hardcoded, the 65th player just cant join, i doubt there is any way around it

Comment

They kinda went overboard with the whole hardcoding thing, didn`t they.

Comment

Working...
                          X