Using the Royal Engineers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using the Royal Engineers

I've been starting to like these guys, and the more I play with them the more I grow attached to them. Basically you can own just about everything with Royal Engineers but you got to know what to do. I'm gonna give some tips and tricks to use these guys effectively.

First off think about how you are going to play this particular match. Say "am I going to be taking an area and start setting up trenches and statci defences?." Or are you going to be more mobile and try to play aggressively? Deciding which one you are doing will dictate what side of the tree to go.

I'm going to assume that you chose the more defensive approach. Well in that case think about the area you want. Look for an area that has Fuel, Munitions and maybe a VP. Take that area and start setting up defences. Don't forget to cap and harass with maybe 2 recon squads and a LT. Harassing is key to slow your enemy. Build MG's in areas to set up kill zones and keep your mortars back to cover the 3 points (fuel, munitoins and the VP). As you are doint this keep an eye on your CP's (Command Points) once you hit 2 get the improved emplacements on the left. It may not be agressive but your not playing agressive and it gives your emplacements like 50% more health. Get a field command truck and put it on a resource that isn't the same as your HQ (I normally put my HQ on a Munitions point so my Field Command Truck would go on a Fuel point). Get out some Sappers and begin thinking about what your enemy is going to throw at you. If you forsee marders or any type of heavy armor set up a 17 Pounder that will cover a lot of open ground and Protect your mortars and trucks (Mg's are generally covering points so it may be hard to position your MG to cover those as well). If you are still in the early game and you think you may get attacked with HT's or Pumas set up a Bofors. I recommend setting up one any way covering the 17 pounders most vulnerable flank. These Bofors work great against HT's and inf and if you get attacked from the air you may get a lucky shot. Once you are dug in and have a VP drain on the other player consider what you will do. If you need to cap more map get a Armor Command Truck and get some Fireflys and maybe a rely on your Churchills as anti-inf (make sure when you get your 3 command points after your first two to get a churchill). If you get a churchill make sure a sappers squad has the Over Repair ability and use it, it will make your Churchills a ***** to kill. If you have most of the map build a howy that will be protected from flanking and use it to shell enemy positions or their base. If you do have to cap more map get the tanks and your infantry and start harassing but watch to make sure that you can build a 25pdr as soon as possbile. If you need more pop cap delete your starting MG's at your base. continue to get all of the remaining churchills and then get the rest of the left hand side.

If you plan on being aggressive then you need to get a fast churchill out and make sure to over repair that thing. Get a mine plow on it asap and watch the carnage. The Mine Plow will insta kill any infantry it touches if they are suppressed. Which is lucky for you because your churchills come standard with "Tank Shock" which suppress infantry. Using that you can then run over the pinned units and if you support your tanks your infantry can have a field day too. Consider getting the secured resource option on a truck parked on a MU point to get more MU to spend on the AVRE's small nuclear bomb ability (PITARD is what its called it think) suppress the infantry and then fire one of these bad boys and stare at the green XP.

Key things to remeber:
    -ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS Over reapair your Churchills.
    -Tommie Squads with a Bren LMG can button vehicles which makes it easier for your tanks to destroy them, esecially when it is a Marder
    -And keep an eye on your Churchills health, remeber they are slow, so pull out of engagements when you reach half health or you see too much AT.

And this is me BoDyBaG2224 posting this.............still can't change my name...:cry::cry:

I think the royal commando tree is better but the engies are ok:hmm:

Comment

Working...
    X