Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Controlers On CoD4 PC?

Hey there..

my brother came up with the idea that you could have the leetness of the pc version of CoD4 along with using a controler like a console.. flame all you want but i think it could be cool..

slight problem is that i dont want to go out and spend money without knowing if PC CoD4 is able to recognise controllers.. anyone know?

Thanks, Greaterbeing :salute:

I've been trying to get my Saitek P2600 Gamepad to work, but I can't get it to work on any game. I've got an email out to Saitek's tech support for answers. It may be something with my system and not the game itself. The saitek site has custom profiles for Call of Duty, so I'd think that it would work with COD4.

Comment

I'm pretty sure you can set up a 360 controller to your PC, but I'm not sure how it works.

Comment

i emailed activision and they said the game was made for keyboard only.

Comment

Originally posted by MPI_Mallard View Post
          i emailed activision and they said the game was made for keyboard only.
          Hmm.. I may just buy a controller anyway and if it doesnt work for CoD4, Maybe ill try it on CS:S or BF2142.. Cheers anyway guys

Comment

why would you want to use a controler for a FPS when a mouse is so much more accurate?

Comment

Originally posted by Fusion View Post
              why would you want to use a controler for a FPS when a mouse is so much more accurate?
              Because honestly, i play better with a controller and aswell as giving a refreshing change of gameplay, i believe i would have an advantage over others.. just my opinion though. Anyone else got any information on controller compatability?

Comment

play on the 360 if you want a controller.. or try the mouse, once you use it you will never wanna use a controller agian..

Comment

Originally posted by Battl3fr0nt View Post
                  play on the 360 if you want a controller.. or try the mouse, once you use it you will never wanna use a controller agian..
                  O.o i know that.. just seems like it would be refreshing to play the pc with a controller my bro has the 360 version of CoD4 an he says its nowhere near as good..

Comment

I thought the 360 and PC versions were the same :/

Comment

The 360 version and PC version are very similar, except that the 360 version is designed to operate and have the interface used with the 360, which is basically a computer anyways.

A controller would not be able to be used with the PC version, or at least it would not work very well. You may be able to set certain buttons to do certain actions, but it would not be the same interface type.

Now, if a 360 emulator came out someday, you could play the 360 version on your computer with a controller and it would work fine.

But, as the other guys above said - a mouse is more accurate...it truly is, even if you are better on a controller. Everyone is a little different, but I suggest just keeping your controllers to the consoles and your kb and mouse to the computer. In the end you will spend less money, have less hassle, and have more fun either way you go.

Comment

THE ADMIN HAS SPOKEN! Lol, cheers for the input.. i guess your right.. meh.. might get a controller anyway for BF2142.. xD

Comment

I use a logitech controller on mine. I must agree that a mouse is waaaaaay more accurate. It took me a good week to be able to aim worth a crap with the joystick on the controller. But yes it does work great.

I still need the keyboard handy in order to do a couple things, such as place claymores and call in air support, but everything else can be done with the controller.

I had to download pinnacle game profiler software in order to get it to work though. You can download the trial version here http://www.pinnaclegameprofiler.com/

Comment

i believe i would have an advantage over others..
                            lol, you have no idea.

Comment

Originally posted by SoXX View Post
                              Hmm.. I may just buy a controller anyway and if it doesnt work for CoD4, Maybe ill try it on CS:S or BF2142.. Cheers anyway guys
                              You can use a 360 controller on Crysis

Comment

Working...
                              X