Key Stick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Key Stick

Let me preface this by saying I spent over an hour searching this and other forums for the solution to my problem. I even tried the proposed solution in the required reading thread, which said to uninstall the AITools or whatever.. which promptly ****ed up my laptop. Fortunately Windows actually has an OK System Restore function, or else I would be even more pissed off right now.

On with the show...

The problem I'm having is that, while playing, occasionally a movement key will stick. So I'll be walking forward and it will stick in the forward or strafing movement. I can continue to look around, but not shoot or stop it from walking. Then it will stop, but start again. It doesn't always happen, either, but it seems to happen sporadically during any game I play.

I have a Toshiba Sat M-65*** laptop, so I can't do the other proposed solution of disconnecting the keyboard.

Any ideas whatsoever on what the solution might be? I can't imagine I'm the only one having this problem. My other Battlefield games run perfectly fine (and other games do, too), so this is completely baffling me.

Thanks in advance!

Originally posted by tombfii View Post
    Let me preface this by saying I spent over an hour searching this and other forums for the solution to my problem. I even tried the proposed solution in the required reading thread, which said to uninstall the AITools or whatever.. which promptly ****ed up my laptop. Fortunately Windows actually has an OK System Restore function, or else I would be even more pissed off right now.

On with the show...

The problem I'm having is that, while playing, occasionally a movement key will stick. So I'll be walking forward and it will stick in the forward or strafing movement. I can continue to look around, but not shoot or stop it from walking. Then it will stop, but start again. It doesn't always happen, either, but it seems to happen sporadically during any game I play.

I have a Toshiba Sat M-65*** laptop, so I can't do the other proposed solution of disconnecting the keyboard.

Any ideas whatsoever on what the solution might be? I can't imagine I'm the only one having this problem. My other Battlefield games run perfectly fine (and other games do, too), so this is completely baffling me.

Thanks in advance!
    i had a similar problem...
    it was my keyboard,,,so i decided to replace it with a new one

since your on a laptop,..
    buy those usb keyboards

Comment

I can give it a try, but why would it stick in this game but not any other Battlefield or other game? I don't get it.

Comment

wat other battlefield gamesdo u own?

wat are thee specs of ur laptop? this is a guess, but i think it has to do with lag and ur computer being slow

Comment

I own Battlefield Vietnam, 1942, and all of their packs. Absolutely no problems with those.

This problem isn't so much a lag problem as it seems to be a movement problem. Nothing lags, I see everything fine; it's just that the damn movement key seems to stick and then I can't shoot or stop until it decides to stop.

My specs are:

Toshiba Satellite M65-S9092
          CPU and Memory Processor Brand Intel
          Processor Class Pentium M
          Processor Speed 2 GHz
          Mobile Technology Intel Centrino
          Installed Memory 1 GB
          Maximum Memory 2 GB
          Memory Technology DDR II SDRAM
          Cache Size 2 MB
          Installed Video Memory 128 MB
          Storage Hard Drive Capacity 100 GB