FPS Lag Bad.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FPS Lag Bad.

I had the same problem a while ago with Call of duty 2, it took me over 3-6 months to actually fix the problem. Downloading several configs changing alot of settings to one day i fixed it. The problem i am having in Call of duty 4 is my fps will jump all over the place which makes my screen hop around. I can go from 170 fps all the way down to 30 in a second.

I have tryed downloading several configs changing some settings turning everything to low but yet i still get fps lag here are my system specs.

Operating System : Microsoft Windows Xp Professional
    Processor - Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6400 @ 2.13GHz(2CPUs)
    Memory 2046 MB RAM
    2.00 GB Of Ram
    DirectX Version 9.0c
    Graphic Card : NVIDIA GeForce 7500 LE - 512 meg.

If you need anything else let me know, But i really need help because this fps lag is getting on my nerves and it's impossible for me to even play online.

and i am pretty sure my pc should be able to run this game atleast in low settings but i find it impossible.

that gfx card could be killing you, also. Several reports are that Driver support is the problem. I remember hearing a driver called the 97.xx or 90.xx fixed the issue.

Comment

Mine lagged horribly, and when I put settings down is was worse, put all on high then put model detail on low and I got now lag, and 60 FPS.

Comment

Definatly your graphics card!

Comment

What resolution are you playing at and do you have AA turned on?

Comment

Originally posted by TJX
            What resolution are you playing at and do you have AA turned on?
            Trust me i have tryed all the resolutions and it still fps lags, And what do you mean by AA?

Comment

anti-aliasing that will help a lot if you turned that off most likely.

Comment

bump

Still need help, This happened with call of duty and call of duty 2.

Took me alot of tweaking to actually get these two games smooth so i need help tweaking cod4 to get that smooth to.

Comment

well dude, i think we had the same kind of problem,
                  as m3ow suggested u can try to install one of these old drivers or the latest ones,
                  or u can do like i did:
                  Homepage for Total Gaming Network and CS-Nation. Get the latest video game news, previews, and reviews on a daily basis.

and play with just 2 cmds:
                  /com_maxfps
                  /cl_maxpackets

i suggest you to be sure ur case is free from any dust

Comment

I also have framedrops frequently: normaly getting 40 fps, dropping to 5 fps, didn't had the problem with cod 2, but I have a gf 8600. Your problem is definatly your graphics card. I think mine is just my sucky wireless connection.

Comment

Working...
                    X