Ordered via Steam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ordered via Steam

Just ordered the game over steam, downloading at 200kb/s.

I like the idea of buying it on steam, as it enables it to be digitaly stored as aposed to on disk.

Ive played some of the single player prior and thought it was awesome. Cant wait to start playing multiplayer!

I too bought it on Steam and it sucked. I've bought tons of other games on Steam/Valve and been quite happy (all the way back from the release of the original Half Life). But this time it was dreadful. No release time was given. So we waited all day for it to be released (I had to close Steam to get it to release) and were never told it was released. All sorts of problems trying to get it to run (it was installation problems) with no real help from Steam. I don't know if I'll buy another Steam/Valve game again.

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips79
      I too bought it on Steam and it sucked. I've bought tons of other games on Steam/Valve and been quite happy (all the way back from the release of the original Half Life). But this time it was dreadful. No release time was given. So we waited all day for it to be released (I had to close Steam to get it to release) and were never told it was released. All sorts of problems trying to get it to run (it was installation problems) with no real help from Steam. I don't know if I'll buy another Steam/Valve game again.
      Same thing happened with ETQW.... oh well, I got over it. Unfortunately I've hardly played that game after spending $50 for it

Comment

you bought on steam, you fool, i had to learn the hard way

Comment

Originally posted by The_Eliminator View Post
          you bought on steam, you fool, i had to learn the hard way
          I dont see what the problem is, when i bought the orange box from steam there was no issue...

Comment

Buying the Orange Box on Steam was a smart move. They've just started offering other publisher's games on their system, so let's hope they utilize the room for improvement they have.

Comment

I believe the steam version checks your machine, I was installing old games, mesing with OLD DirectX, when I went back to play COD4, it told me to install new Direct X again, before play, and it did all for me;

I dont think the Retail version get this type of service.

I dont really know if it auto downloaded the patch and installed it?

Comment

When I give my copy to my brother I am going to buy it though steam. Honestly if it had been there on the 6th I would have bought it there. ETQW works flawlessly on my PC through steam maybe I have just been lucky but if steam could get more titles and have the same launch dates as the physical copies I would never go near a wal-mart of ebgames again!

Comment

Originally posted by Gudranx
                  When I give my copy to my brother I am going to buy it though steam. Honestly if it had been there on the 6th I would have bought it there. ETQW works flawlessly on my PC through steam maybe I have just been lucky but if steam could get more titles and have the same launch dates as the physical copies I would never go near a wal-mart of ebgames again!
                  So long as games are released on DVD before they are available on Steam, I'll continue to buy the DVD. Steam should discount the game since it's cheaper to distribute than DVD's. ETQW and COD 4 were both on Steam, but weren't available until at least 1 week after the game was actually released.

Comment

I'd prefer it to be a disc, feels more secure having some disk instead of a login that you need to play a game. Which is why I'm glad I have it on disc.

Comment

Originally posted by Fusion View Post
                      I dont see what the problem is, when i bought the orange box from steam there was no issue...
                      the orange box isnt a 3rd party game.

Comment

Working...
                      X