CAB. File error....Greaaat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CAB. File error....Greaaat

Hey guys! Uhmm i was just wondering if u can shed any light on my situation.

I recently downloaded the 1.40 patch (the correct one) hoping that it would fix my Battlefield problems, e.g Slow frame rate, graphics wont optimize, and unmodified content.

Just to be safe i clean uninstalled BF2142 restarted then installed again, i restarted again and then i applied the 1.40, but before it would start patching it said that the "BF2142 exe. does not much the installation cab. file" or something like that anyway.

I've already contacted EA support, and they said for me to download a trusted patch (I already did that, i downloaded the patch from Gamearena.com.au which was suggested by my clan leader and clan mates) delete my temp folders (That seems to make it worse, making a windows dll. file corrupt! So im trying to stay away from that)

Does anyone have any ideas? Ive clean uninstalled BF2142 again, waiting for advice.

maybe run a virus check. a virus could cause this. make sure you check in advanced/options heuristic search and all stuf on high to be sure to find a virus. else i would advice a good anti spyware scan because spyware usually sits in the register. and the cab extencion is described in the register. so it could be modified.

Comment

Working...
    X