Servers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Servers

For a business studies assignment and i need to make a marketing plan...

With the system below how many people could the server hold if only COD4, Teamspeak and ventrillo.

Dell PowerEdge 1950
    Core 2 x 1.86GHz Xeon Quad Core
    4GB 667MHz DDR2 ECC
    2 x 146GB SAS 15000RPM
    Hardware RAID 1
    10mbps
    100GB Data Transfer (in + out)

And how much of that space would it take?

and for this server.

Dell 1950 1RU
    2 x 1.8GHx Xeon Quad Core E5310
    4GB ECC DDR2
    2 x 146GB SAS 15000RPM
    Hardware RAID 1
    10mbps
    150GB (in+out)

both of them are similar but i would like to know how many connections each one could hold and what would i have to do to run multi servers one the one.

Thank You

P.S the top sentence is just because my teacher was walking past me in class.

either should work fine..but I wouldn't fool with all that space for the harddrives... although COD4 requires all 6gigs of junk to be on the server to run one which is really uncalled for and IW should release Dedicated server files..you won't need that much space. Your 15k drives are fine but 80gigs should be plenty, not to mention the bus speed of the CPU and Ram is what really counts plus a good solid host.

Comment

Originally posted by sava700 View Post
      either should work fine..but I wouldn't fool with all that space for the harddrives... although COD4 requires all 6gigs of junk to be on the server to run one which is really uncalled for and IW should release Dedicated server files..you won't need that much space. Your 15k drives are fine but 80gigs should be plenty, not to mention the bus speed of the CPU and Ram is what really counts plus a good solid host.
      ok so i heard i could hold around 400 people is that true? and is 80gb just one server?
      and how many slots, if not?

Comment

Working...
      X