got new computer. made huge mistake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• got new computer. made huge mistake

hello, i finally got my new computer in, im going to build it. I got an intel core 2 quad processor, abit ip 35 pro, crucial 2gb... anyways. THe case i ordered, a green smilodon by raidmax, has those green leds. when i ordered it, i changed the case on the fly, and did'nt realize that the power supply i got, an oxz gamexstream 700w, shined blue. Will this look really bad, will the colors mesh and make it look ugly? will it look cool? i just don't want it to be ugly, and i don't want to send it back. if it will be ugly, is there a way to take out the leds in the psu?

lol ru serious?

im guessing ti wont be that bad? so itll be green and blue? reminds me of lightsabers from starwars.
    besides, from my experience, the color wont really show if u play in the light/day, only if u shut off all ur lights and play at 2am.. and i always keep my comp on the ground so idont even see it.

Comment

omg i don't even know what to say! u r fuxxed!

Comment

Green and blue rocks :O

Comment

ok well i won't be playing at midnight.... any way to turn off the lights at all? im sure it will be fine.... and while im here..... im extremely excited. but my gfx card isn't here yet.... i had to order it from somewhere else.

Comment

What gfx card?

I believe some LED's may be hooked up to a Molex, but other wise snip the wires.

Comment

ok, i will ask my friend about it.... i got an 8800gt

Comment

Yea, that's good. Just make sure it's got the latest drivers installed.

Comment

I never really understood why people cared so much about cases... you look at the monitor when you're using the computer, not at the computer itself. It's not like a car where you'll be showing it out in public.

I actually want to get top of the line stuff and put it in a case that looks like the old light-gray cases back in the 90s so if my friend comes over he'll say "hey wtf is this piece of crap you got" but really it's top of the line

Comment

oooh thats what my friend did. it said like pentium 2 on it, sooo funny

Comment

I just put some black electrical tape over the REALLY, REALLY bright power LED my case has.

Comment

Originally posted by BPCrusher01 View Post
                        I just put some black electrical tape over the REALLY, REALLY bright power LED my case has.
                        would it happen to be the cooler master centurion?

Comment

Ultra Grid ATX

Comment

update, my graphics card came today: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...351&CatId=1826
                            i will build it tomorrow, seeing as i just am going to bed now

Comment

Originally posted by BPCrusher01 View Post
                              Power LED is connected to your motherboard. Just disconnect if you don't like it.

Comment

Working...
                              X