Screwed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screwed

My CD ROM broke right after installing the 1.40 patch, and unfortunately BF2142 is the only game in which I require a CD to play the damn thing.

At the moment the only way I can think of playing the game is if I get one of those ***** cracks, but I know how that's frowned upon in this community and others, so I'm asking, what're my options?

Why couldn't this game be accessible thru Steam..

What luck. :shakehead

UPDATE #1

At the moment my financial status is at an all time low, so a new CD drive would be out of the question, and NewEgg doesn't ship to Canada, any other options?

So far the ***** crack method looks to be the only option for me, but I've got patch 1.40 installed so not really sure if a crack for it is already out, and if a moderator is viewing this thread, please don't lock it, my copy of the game is legit, but under these certain circumstances, I have no other choice but to ask for a crack.

UPDATE #2

I don't rarely use the CD/DVD ROM, except for games and that's about it, I buy my games online (Example: Steam, D2D, etc.) if I need to burn things then I just use a flash drive for minor purposes.

The problem with my CD drive is that it restarts the PC over and over everytime I put in a CD and hit the close/open button.

Buy a new drive, they are like $20 and easy to install

Comment

Originally posted by Quemical View Post
      Buy a new drive, they are like $20 and easy to install
      If you've never done that before, make sure you read the directions.. and typically you want to set the drive to the same settings as your current CD/DVD drive.

Comment

lol just buy a new drive. I got my DVD/CD reader/writer for $32 OEM from newegg.

Comment

Use the crack. When my drive was broken I thought, what the heck - I don't care. And guess what, it worked well enough. Just after upgrading to NS it went out with a warning that unmodified content was not allowed on the servers. So I went ahead and replaced it with the original. I surely won't frown upon a ***** Crack. It's what EA should put in every installation. What do we have CDKEYS for anyway?

Comment

At the moment my financial status is at an all time low, so a new CD drive would be out of the question, and NewEgg doesn't ship to Canada, any other options?

So far the ***** crack method looks to be the only option for me, but I've got patch 1.40 installed so not really sure if a crack for it is already out, and if a moderator is viewing this thread, please don't lock it, my copy of the game is legit, but under these certain circumstances, I have no other choice but to ask for a crack.

Comment

Originally posted by nemes1s View Post

So far the ***** crack option looks to be the only option for me, but I've got patch 1.40 installed so not really sure if a crack for it is already out, and if a moderator is viewing this thread, please don't lock it, my copy of the game is legit, but under these certain circumstances, I have no other choice but to ask for a crack.
              you could do is find someone that has a cd rom drive and make an ISO file of the game and then just mount that iso to a virtual drive. use powerISO. works great.

yeah you will have to save 5 gigs of space to do this but it will work unlike the cracked exe file. try that before and punkbuster would kick me after a few minutes of playing

Comment

So you don't use your CD Drive for anything other than playing 2142?

Comment

Originally posted by nemes1s View Post

You can try looking through here..

a friend of mine used to be an admin on their forums and used to give out advice on actually fixing the drives rather than replacing.

Comment

I don't rarely use the CD/DVD ROM, except for games and that's about it, I buy my games online (Example: Steam, D2D, etc.) if I need to burn things then I just use a flash drive for minor purposes.

The problem with my CD drive is that it restarts the PC over and over everytime I put in a CD and hit the close/open button.

Comment

It may be something as simple as disconnecting the IDE cable and connecting it back again. I had an issue with my DVD rom where it would make a noise like it was reading a disc and it would make my screen freeze everytime it did it. So i just opened my side panel and disconnected the drive and reconnected, booted and problem solved

Comment

Restarts? I wonder if it isn't your power supply starting to go out... But if you can't afford to ebay purchase a cheap little crappy cd/dvd drive, then you might want to consider begging at the next offramp intersection. I've heard window washing can pay upwards of $100 a day.

Comment

Working...
                        X