flashing and black mdls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• flashing and black mdls

ok so as im trying this message im uploding a video to show you what this post is about. when i first installed cod4 everything looks great... i play it on high and everything and now im getting problems.
    I DO have the latest video drivers for my card wich is an nvidia geforce 7600.
    I tried to play it with and without xfire running in the background.
    Ive altered the settings the best i can to try and figure out whats going on. i saw someone say turn onvertical sync but i dont see the option anywhere.

like i said ive been playing the game since release just fine with no problems at all untill yesterday... and i know my graphics card isnt overheating because i have a fan directly on it on top of its own fan.

all ive seen people say was upgrade your graphics drivers and try running it without x fire going.

i didnt do anything between my time playing the game except i decided to play single player a little more and thats when it started.

this video is going to be a little laggy because i just got out of alt tab and opening fraps and has nothing to do with my g card or net speed.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

please if anyone can help me id greatly appreciate it. it makes it imposible to play because all the models are black and i cant ever see comeone unless they are 100% in the open.

Interesting that is, hmmm ( Yoda voice ).

Uhm, I would actually remove the latest video drivers and reinstall them. I would just go to Control Panel and ONLY remove the Display drivers, reboot, go in Safe Mode, Use Driver Cleaner to remove all the crap the driver left around ( registries etc etc ) and then reboot again and reinstall the driver.

That would be my first step.

Comment

Originally posted by Andaril View Post
      I DO have the latest video drivers for my card wich is an nvidia geforce 7600.
      If you have the latest OFFICIAL release drivers installed, remove them and instead grab the latest BETA drivers. Others have posted about a similar flashing problem that the Beta's have corrected.

Comment

the drivers are from nvidia and they put in a new tool that automatically searched my cpu and tells me what drivers i need and doesnt give me an option to choos wich ones to dl... if you know of a place to find drivers for my card please share

but what really throws me off is this only started yesterday and i never had driver problems before.

Comment

If it only just started yesterday and you haven't made any changes to your PC recently, it's either your card beginning to overheat, or a conflict with another app.

I would still try the Beta drivers. Ignore the automatic tool. Just go to the Nvidia website, look for the driver download header, and follow the instructions. It's good to know how to do this manually anyway without help from auto-update programs.

Comment

Originally posted by Whiskey View Post
            If it only just started yesterday and you haven't made any changes to your PC recently, it's either your card beginning to overheat, or a conflict with another app.

I would still try the Beta drivers. Ignore the automatic tool. Just go to the Nvidia website, look for the driver download header, and follow the instructions. It's good to know how to do this manually anyway without help from auto-update programs.
            I would say the same thing. It's either one or the other. You also said you can run it on high? Try it at a medium settings as well. See if that doesn't help you out as well. Your 7600 might be getting to hot due to the high graphics of COD.

Comment

ok so i was wrong it doesnt work. i get the strobe effect now more than anything. ive tried to completley remove my graphics drivers and reinstall the game and nada.

Comment

Working...
              X