Lose ranks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lose ranks?

i did a search and saw nothing (maybe i didnt sears rich ... who knows) anyways...

i know in bf2 your ranks is recorded on a server and you have to make a new account for each rank and thats how its saved...

in cod4 all you do is make a profile and start playing. what if i have to uninstall the game or reformat my cpu or even decide to make a new profile... what happens to my rank? even tho its easy to level in the game i really dont want to have to redo all that to get the barrett :P

im to scared to reformat my pc because of this and i need to badley.

if you have a non steam version then you can backup the folder and store it somewhere (flashdrive) and have a saved version of your stats.

Comment

Download the latest 1.1 Patch, it's on TotalCoD4 homepage.

Comment

What part of the folder has the stats though, if you reformat, then reinstall game, and then copy your old folder to the new one wont you get some errors about missing DLL's and incorrect registry entries?

Comment

C:\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\players\profiles\<Profile Name>

^^ I'm pretty sure that folder has your controls, stats, etc., saved and is thus the one you want to back up.

Comment

Ok thanks.

They should of put a utility in the game, like "export profile" that way you would not have to play this guessing game.

Comment

Ever since I heard of the issue regarding losing rank/stats I have made it a habit to backup and copy my:

C:\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\players\profiles\<Profile Name>

Profile folder. I know the patch file that came out today is supposed to stop the loss of rank/stats when logging into certain servers but Im in the habbit now of making back ups from time to time.

Takes a long time for us older guys to rank up! LOL!!

Comment

Originally posted by ReaperOfsouls View Post
                Ok thanks.

They should of put a utility in the game, like "export profile" that way you would not have to play this guessing game.
                guessing game? this is how s*it has been done for ages.

Comment

Originally posted by L3adCannon View Post
                  guessing game? this is how s*it has been done for ages.
                  That does not mean thats how it should be done.

But I understand where you are coming from, just had to say that counter.

Comment

Working...
                  X