General Buddy Play Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General Buddy Play Questions

I can't find any way to do these things, it's looking like maybe you can't anyone know if I'm wrong? These are all PC Questions

Buddy List (of any kind) how the heck are you supposed to play with your friends? I can't find any way to add people to a list, or join on the same server as friend or anything, seems pretty stupid for a company to not promote friend play.

VOIP Ok, I know you can configure the voice settings in the options, but how do you use voip? do you have to talk to everyone on your team, ala UT3, or can you talk to specific players? I know, there is software out there to chat, but it creates tremendous lag on my system and sounds like poopy.

Originally posted by Sugarbear(SID) View Post
    I can't find any way to do these things, it's looking like maybe you can't anyone know if I'm wrong? These are all PC Questions

Buddy List (of any kind) how the heck are you supposed to play with your friends? I can't find any way to add people to a list, or join on the same server as friend or anything, seems pretty stupid for a company to not promote friend play.

VOIP Ok, I know you can configure the voice settings in the options, but how do you use voip? do you have to talk to everyone on your team, ala UT3, or can you talk to specific players? I know, there is software out there to chat, but it creates tremendous lag on my system and sounds like poopy.
    No Buddy list in COD4,but you can use XFire. DO NOT SAY it''l make you lag because XFire uses less resources than leaving a Firefox window ON when you play. So if you lag, it's something else.

And with VOIP, you can only chat with your team members and at the end of the round with everyone if I'm not mistaken... Me, being in a clan, I used TS and Vent, but I recommend TeamSpeak for chatting with friends.

Comment

Well I'm sure this is something IW could possibly do with a patch(buddy list), but as for the voip you hold down your "z" button to VOIP the whole team. To globally chat it is "t", and to just chat with your team it is "y". If you really want to use a loophole you could us xfire. Other than that the whole buddy list is not happening anytime in the future as far as I can see. It would be a great idea.

Comment

Working...
      X