Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Poster and Questions about unlocks and coop maps

Hey to all the battlefield nuts

I am stationed in iraq and me and my buddies have a lan set up and unfortunatly we can't play BF2 online but really like doing coop maps cause we can have the bots and they kinda are like online players but dumber. We have been playing for a little bit and started to look in to getting new maps but I can't seem to find or don't know how to decide which ones to get. It took my 6 hours to download totalBF2 map pack 3 and when I installed it It took my coop option away for ALL my maps and left me with singleplayer and conquest. Now conquest is cool for the server but sometimes there are only 4 of us playing and we want some bots to shoot also. So once again is there a good place to find maps that are coop compatible? if so where? I would like to be able to id these maps before I spend an hour or two downloading them to find they are only single player or conquest. Also I have seen the question but not seen the answer. with the upgraded version of BF2 with no expansion packs is there a way to unlock the weapons for Lan games? Well I think that is about it and hope I was clear on what I am looking for. if not please ask me "what the hell do you mean dude"? and I will try to clarify.

John

Originally posted by warrior58d View Post
    It took my 6 hours to download totalBF2 map pack 3 and when I installed it It took my coop option away for ALL my maps and left me with singleplayer and conquest.
    The TBF2 map packs do not support SP or co-op; they were created before the necessary tools were available to modders. Also, if the first map in your list does not support co-op you won't have the option for any maps (which I would call a bug in BF2 although a minor one).
    Now conquest is cool for the server but sometimes there are only 4 of us playing and we want some bots to shoot also. So once again is there a good place to find maps that are coop compatible? if so where? I would like to be able to id these maps before I spend an hour or two downloading them to find they are only single player or conquest.
    Take a look at http://battlefieldsingleplayer.plane...ld.gamespy.com .
    Also I have seen the question but not seen the answer. with the upgraded version of BF2 with no expansion packs is there a way to unlock the weapons for Lan games?
    There is no easy way to have "true" unlocks on a LAN (you'd need to set up your own stat/account server). You can use the unlockable weapons by running a mod that changes the kits though. There is one created by wolfi in the TBF2-EF forum (although it doesn't require EF): http://www.totalbf2.com/main/showthread.php?t=73490 .
    The more widely-known one is FFOLKES' unlocks mod:

Stay safe over there.

Comment

If you want a singleplayer mod i suggest checking out Allied Intent Xtended. It can be found here http://www.aixtended.com/. It has improved AI, more maps, and the weapon selection kicks the **** out of vBF2.

Comment

Working...
      X