Soldiers disappearing around 350m

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soldiers disappearing around 350m

What's bothering me is that apparently there is an invisible boundary right around 350m where soldiers abruptly stop being displayed. Light vehicles are shown a bit farther and tanks and aircraft have the longest visible distance. To put it bluntly this is teh suck. Several maps have a 600m+ view distance where sniping could be so much more than what it is now. You know, that other thing snipers do when they aren't dropping claymores on Karkand.

Is anyone at all knowledgeable about what setting does this? It must be moddable or something, at least for single player game.

Some maps have different fog distance, maybe thats the problem. Like in dalian the fog is terrible.

Comment

We were testing this only a couple days ago with sniper rifles on Wake Island.

My mate was in a boat facing the island and I was stood on the shore line. I stepped forward until I "appeared" and he fired with the sniper - he hit me.

Stepped back so I "disappeared" and he fired - he missed.

Comment

There are a bunch of videos where snipers shoot invisible targets marked by "attack here" sign from the SL. But doing this must be extremly difficult.

Comment

Can the admin of a particular server adjust the fog/mist distance or is it an in-game setting that can't be adjusted.

Fox....

Comment

Originally posted by silverfox318
            Can the admin of a particular server adjust the fog/mist distance or is it an in-game setting that can't be adjusted.

Fox....
            They can remove it but it wont work on 'Ranked' servers as PB think its a cheat.

Comment

Isnt it 400 and not 350m?

Comment

It also differs on the graphic settings you play at. I play at all high, and my brother plays at all low. If we're both snipers on the crane in gulf of oman, I can see people at the flags along the shore, but he can't.

Comment

also keep in mind that the game devs have this so people with lower end machines can also run the game and for most of the game..there is no need to be shooting accurately at people 350m away. snipers are usually good up to 300m anyways. beyond that depends on ur rifle and luck

Comment

i find my enemy's fade at 400m on wake,but there are spots on dalian where you can see a target from 500+ not a easy shot but not impossible.

make sure geometry is set to high,view distance (obviously) texture filter high

or if you can all high shadows off

Comment

Working...
                    X