Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any way to transfer stats from notebook to desktop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any way to transfer stats from notebook to desktop?

Again, to different copies of the game, desktop and notebooks. I played yesterday and all day today on my notebook, now I'm at home and wanna play on my nice desktop, but every time I to copy the profile it tells me error and resets the stats. WTF!

Originally posted by RangerXML
    Again, to different copies of the game, desktop and notebooks. I played yesterday and all day today on my notebook, now I'm at home and wanna play on my nice desktop, but every time I to copy the profile it tells me error and resets the stats. WTF!
    Each profile is tied to the CD Key of the game it was created on. If they have the SAME copy of the game installed on both machines, you can swap them. But NOT with 2 different copies.

Comment

lol

I'm gonna be getting really good at entering CD keys.

Comment

I usually have the disc in the drive by force of habit, but I don't think it's necessary for multiplayer. Try it on one of the PC's without the disc in the drive.

Unless you're playing singleplayer on both PC's, you probably don't need both discs. You can install the same copy of the game on both computers, and you won't need to carry the disc around at all to play multiplayer.

If it works, then you can swap the profiles back and forth. And give away, or trade in your 2nd copy of the game.

Comment

No CD needed for multi, not for COD series anyways, but I havn't tried the CD key thing yet cause I'm running a bit slow after a long day. I was pissed when I got home and plugged my thumb drive into my desktop and tried to just copy my profile and play online.

Comment

Just so you understand, there's no place to "enter" your CD Key (it's automatically read when you start the game and access the stats in MP). If you know how, you can TRY to change it in the registry and see if that works, but it may or may not mess things up.

Best thing to do is just uninstall the game from one of the computers, and re-install using the same disc as on the other one.

Comment

In the options>>multiplayer options, there is a place to change the CD key.

Comment

Originally posted by RangerXML View Post
                In the options>>multiplayer options, there is a place to change the CD key.
                You can try that, but I haven't seen anyone post about it so far. Please do let us know if that works.

I think that may just be a field to VERIFY your CD key, however...but not actually change it.

Comment

i have install in my both pc's the game with the same cd key and i still have the problem.when i trasfer my profile it says that the stats have been reset.

Comment

maybe u can try transferring jus the file mpdata, cos if u copy the entire profile, it also copies ur previous machine config, which is diff frm ur laptop and the game prolly assumes u r trying to hack the stats and resets it.

Comment

Just transfered succesfully, you have to copy your players folder in the "profiles" directory.
                      The only issue is the cd key, they must be the same or you will have your stats wiped when you restart. I changed it in the multiplayer options then hit "verify", and all is sweet.
                      Now I can kick *** at work and home.

Comment

Working...
                      X