Lag is Killing Me! Litrally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lag is Killing Me! Litrally

Played the single player and loved it, so decided nothing can be better than online on some of those maps.

I have a bloody fast PC and a not so fast 2mb broadband connection but the lag is killing the game online for me I want to scream, I cant play as a sniper as i'd like as when I'm aiming down the sight it goes all spastic on me and jumps around making it impossible.

Now if I went for the 20mb connection would this improve it or would it make no difference due to other gamers being slow themselves??

I only play on servers with no more of a ping of 75 but i'm pissed off I can't enjoy what looks like a mad game.

i have been playing with a 4mb connection with a ping of over 250+ and it runs fine for me EXCEPT when an air strike is called in, then for the duration of the strike i get very laggy, about 1fps until its over then im fine again.

Gets annoying but i can live with it.

Comment

You can fix you lag issues during air strikes by lowering your graphics quality for dynamic effects.

I'm unsure as to the exact name(s) as I'm at work, but anything in the graphics tab labeled "Dynamic" or "Effects" or "Lighting" --- set those to Low. You should notice a performance improvement during bombardments.

Comment

Turning off the specular fx may also help - some users have reported that the demo ran better with them off a few weeks back.

Comment

the only time i really get lag is when everyones in the same place firing at eachother with smoke n **** going off. Or when im sniping, there tends to be a delay lag down the scope.

Comment

smo... lag* grenade more like it...

new tactic: have your whole team spam smoke nades at the enemy and watch them freeze/prone until the lag/smoke clears :P

Comment

Ok the suggestions is a no go as i didn't buy a top end system to lower effects down.

Would a faster internet connection improve it that's teh question i need answering? Going from 2 meg > 20 meg would this make it smoother?

Cheers

Comment

I also have a 2 meg connection and have no lag or issues (playing on UK servers from Ireland)
                Some of our clan members have a 512 connection with no problems.
                Sorry if this doesnt solve your problem, it just points out that it's not the speed of your connection.

Comment

Originally posted by SonicPixel
                  You can fix you lag issues during air strikes by lowering your graphics quality for dynamic effects.

I'm unsure as to the exact name(s) as I'm at work, but anything in the graphics tab labeled "Dynamic" or "Effects" or "Lighting" --- set those to Low. You should notice a performance improvement during bombardments.
                  thanks dude i will try it.

Comment

What are your full system specs? Have you scanned your computer for viruses, malware, adware and any other malicious code using the following recommended programs: Adaware SE, Hijack This, Spybot S&D, A-Squared Free?

Comment

I have no problems what so ever with lag, the server I am on most of the time is a 32 msn server and is quite popular, the server is stable and the pings are usually pretty even. Just try connecting to a server closer to home.

Comment

Originally posted by Repulse View Post
                        I have no problems what so ever with lag, the server I am on most of the time is a 32 msn server and is quite popular, the server is stable and the pings are usually pretty even. Just try connecting to a server closer to home.
                        Do you have the server ip or name, i need to find a decent server with teamplay, Cheers.

Comment

Working...
                        X