Ffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ffs

installed bf2, installed 1.41patch start up bf2 and then i get a black screen for 5 seconds, then it just turns off.

dam with those specs no idea

Comment

Any error messages?

Comment

Please do the following:

In Windows XP, the default setting is for the computer to reboot automatically when a fatal error occurs. If that fatal error only occurs when you're shutting down, the system reboots automatically.
        To change the recovery settings to disable automatic rebooting:

1. Right-click My Computer, and then click Properties.

2. Click the Advanced tab.

3. Under Startup and Recovery, click Settings to open the Startup and Recovery dialog box.

4. Clear the Automatically restart check box, and click OK the necessary number of times.

5. Restart your computer for the settings to take effect.

Now when you go to shut down and a fatal error occurs.

This will show you the "blue screen of death" error code which you can then Google for solutions.

Comment

u sure he talking about the computer turnig off or jsut the game CTD ?
          if just black screen & then CTD then your pewter probably cant handle bf2. or the GPU anyway.

post specs dude. and if like alex said , then do what he said & post specs, and what the blue screen error says.

Comment

usually this is due to a video card not supporting the resolution or graphic settings.
            download the newest driver for your video card and try again.
            hope it helps

Comment

If you look in his sig, his specs are there! have you got all the fixes from Nvidia & MS?

Comment

Originally posted by Trevortt View Post
                If you look in his sig, his specs are there! have you got all the fixes from Nvidia & MS?
                Dang I didtn see that, specs look nice, im guessing like alex said its a driver problem

or like ELfipso said a resolution not supported by the game, or refresh rate. I changed my refresh rate one time, done same thing, so ichanged it back, worked like a charm.:salute:

Comment

Working...
                X