Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Before I hurt someone help me solve my SP CRASH prob...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Before I hurt someone help me solve my SP CRASH prob...

Ok, for the BLOODY SECOND TIME I had to start FROM FRIGGIN SCRATCH and restart the game from the prologue because two thirds of the way in the game a fatal BSOD crashed me to hell and back. Even though all through the game the stupid game kept promising me its continuing to save my progress. But noooooooooooooo ohhhhhhhhhhhh, when I restart the game my profile is completely blank with no save data plus I have to reset my resolutions/graphics/keyboard....everything.
    I'm FURIOUS right now.

The first time it happened I got over it. The first time when I tried to restart the game after the crash I kept getting screen flickers and it wouldn't run at all. Ok, fine. So I updated the driver and I was able to run the sp portion again....albeit from scratch. No game data was saved it seemed.
    With the driver update (latest nvidia driver 164.09 beta) I'm able to start the game and play.
    *SPOILERS READ AT YA OWN RISK*

But the SAS mission after Paul Jackson gets killed is where I keep crashing. When that SAS mission is complete and we kill al-....al.....whatever the mid east dictator's name is......I get the muther of all blue screens of death and my pc implodes on me.
    It happened for the second time in the same place. And again......all my save data was lost!!!!!
    I thought the driver update would help and it did get me to run again but....WHY?????? It has to be a game bug but does anyone know of a work around? Ya know.......before I send the USMC force recon after the infinity ward devs?

Please...........anybody?

I'm having a similar yet not exactly the same issue - however, it is at the same exact point in the game.

Mine is a bit different though... with mine, it appears to have saved my game and all my settings are still there, but when I click 'Resume Game', it gets to the same exact spot on the progress bar when loading the map and then crashes to my desktop. I'm getting nothing in the event logs - not even a warning...

Comment

Its like watching one of the greatest action movies of all time........no actually being INSIDE one of the greatest action movies of all time. Except near the end your yanked from it and told you can't be there for the end.
      ARGHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Well, conveniently, I was severely overdue (18 months) for a fresh format & re-install so thats on my plan for tonight. We'll see what it does... :cry:

Comment

But why do you need to re-install? Its cutting you off at one particular point in the game. Its not fair I tell you!!
          Please, please someone can you post some input here? I have a feeling that a re-install is not going to help.
          Hey, curious...maverick do you have an amd system by any chance? Dunno....I'm just trying to brainstorm possible sources of the problem.

EDIT: ok I see your specs in your sig......your running an amd system. I have a amd 64 4000+. I wonder if that has something to do with it?

EDIT2: Also, I have an ASUS mobo. The a8n-sli deluxe. I see you have an asus board too. mobo drivers needed perhaps?

Comment

Well, I think I discovered my problem... I'm surprised I didn't notice this earlier but during the process of getting my system back up and running after the format, I was having errors installing many of my games/patches/etc. As I searched the errors, it was suggested that I run Memtest86 on my memory... My memory is absolutely shot... 56 errors in <2mins. I'm RMA'ing now...

I feel like this is causing the corruption in my game... You might want to run a memtest depending on how old your RAM is...

Comment

Originally posted by Maverick2201 View Post
              Well, I think I discovered my problem... I'm surprised I didn't notice this earlier but during the process of getting my system back up and running after the format, I was having errors installing many of my games/patches/etc. As I searched the errors, it was suggested that I run Memtest86 on my memory... My memory is absolutely shot... 56 errors in <2mins. I'm RMA'ing now...

I feel like this is causing the corruption in my game... You might want to run a memtest depending on how old your RAM is...
              Ok, but is that the cause of this particular problem in cod4 though? Can you confirm that this is the cause? And why this particular level in cod4 sp? My memory runs everything else just fine with no problems.

Comment

I cannot confirm this was my problem but it very well could be. I dunno about the fact that its the same place - I had the corruption a few times already and the spot we both had a crash is just one of them. I had it crash right after the long car ride in the beginning of the game too and it did the same thing - had to re-install.

You could easily rule that out of your situation if you run Memtest86 for about 2 hrs and get no errors...

Comment

Post your system specs please.

Comment

Originally posted by Trevortt View Post
                    Post your system specs please.
                    Well, my basic specs are:

amd 64 4000+
                    a8n-sli deluxe mobo
                    2 gigs ddr2 ram
                    8800gtx nvidia card with the latest driver
                    winXP 32 bit

Comment

Its been a week and nothing. Can't anyone help me?

Comment

Apologies if you've already tried this...I only skimmed through this thread...

It could be just as simple as a corrupt install...back up your mpdata file to your desktop to save your stats, and re-install the game.

Comment

After posting to 5 seperate forums on 5 seperate sites and talking with the geniuses over at activision support, Venny from this forum, suggested a simple fix:
                          http://www.totalgamingnetwork.com/ma...d.php?t=136004

AND IT WORKED!!!

I then proceeded to finish one of the most incredible (albeit frustrating) single player experiences.....EVARR!!!!!!!!
                          The very end was absolutely spectacular! I was actually screaming out loud too!
                          And the epilogue afterwards was just icing on the cake.

..........I miss my teammates from the game already. :cry: :salute:

Comment

Working...
                          X