Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• walker piloting: moving vice-versa

I never saw that someone's use it so I decided to share my idea :salute::

in tight areas walker's pilot better use backpedal for forward move. If situation becomes hot and you want quickly leave it just press forward+sprint instead slow backward stomping. With this technique you may also:

A. trick a opponent's commander who puts arty assuming your possible move direction looking from above on your walker's torso.
    B. trick "pilum" gunners because ordinarily people think that legs looks at same direction as torso and tries to sneak they think is your "back".

but you have to practice yourself a lot before you get the "feeling" where your torso, where your legs and where obstacles.

BTW, you may use this techniques with A8 tank. I discovered that mush safer move in tight areas vice- versa. Your back is always protected by gun and higher possibility to neutralize a pilum shot by shield activating.

Can't believe I never thought of that, I always get killing when trying to turn around and run. But you have to be careful once your active defense is recharging since the walker's "butt" takes off like a third of the HP.

Comment

closer to half.

Comment

yesterday I tried this tactics with A8. That was very promising.

I imagine "long face" of those engineers who put a good pilum shot into my back and saw only 20% of hull damage. Only thing remained to me was to turn around the gun and frag poor bastards.

But of cause you have to be very careful with this.

Comment

HAHA reverse the direction axis in a vehicle (can do this in settings right?) and all you need to do is watch out for back/front.
          LOL i'd find it weird if i saw a walker with its legs pointed back walking around ^^

Comment

dontsh000t, seems that you didnt get the point. I didnt say about axis reverse and moreover I didnt mention that someone might use vice-versa moving in regular way.

It is a little trick how to save your vehicle's *** when assaulting lightly defended CPs.

Comment

If it helps you can assign the arrow keys to be "inverted" and use that while walking backwards while WASD remains the same.

Comment

Good for running away from trouble I guess, but if you wake up motion mines and you try to sprint away, you're screwed. Besides that, I usually aim for the legs and slow moving legs are much easier to hit than fast moving ones.

Oh and being hit in the *** does half or more damage to you, depending on what weapon you were struck with

Comment

used to do this alot in renegade for faster escapes but i would NEVER drive a tank backwards, thats just stupid and i doubt i would do the same with a walker, the rear of the torso takes 50% ish damage per hit, 2 pilum shots and your dead, dont really fancy that.

i completely avoid the need for this most of the time by running the walker back and forth, i dont stop moving, you just run straight through a base then when you reach a safe distance turn around and then run back through

Comment

Originally posted by crist2000a View Post
                    dontsh000t, seems that you didnt get the point. I didnt say about axis reverse and moreover I didnt mention that someone might use vice-versa moving in regular way.

It is a little trick how to save your vehicle's *** when assaulting lightly defended CPs.
                    i know... im just saying there might be a way to map the arrow keys reversed in a mech so you don't end up confusing yourself in a hairy situation. IE mapping forward key to moving backward so that you press the forward key o make your mech go backwards which moves you forwards since its legs are inverted =D

Comment

Don't know what is so hard about driving a vehicle backwards. But then again i don't know if having my drivers licence got anything to do with me being used to inverting the controls in my mind. The vehicle HUD showing turrent and body alignment helps tho. Practice makes perfect I guess.

Comment

Working...
                      X