Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mic Won't work

:salute: Hello Folks,

I'm new to the BF2 Community so please bare with me. I'm having difficulties with my Mic working in the game. I've run my computer Mic Detection like 10 times. My compute recognizes my Mic but BF2 does not. I went to the MicSetup in BF2, it doesn't recognize me speaking. This is a new microphone and my older one didn't work either. But, when I'm in the game and in a squad and I press B, the little speaker comes on but no one can hear me. I'm not too good with the computer lingo so if someone can break it down for me, I would really appreciate it. I've asked people in the game and all I get is, take it out of your a**. Assistance Please!!!!!

Have you tried clicking on "boost mike gain" in the bf2 sound setup screen in game? And tried to move the slider so it is all the way to the left? It should go green when you click test mike. Aside from that, do you have it plugged into the right hole?

Comment

Put the treshold thing on 0 and enable your mic boost. If you cant enable mic boost, you have to go to "Run" in your start meny. Then type in "dxdiag" and go to the sound tab. When your there, set the acceleration thing on basic. Now the mic boost should work. Then go to bf2 options and click the "test mic" or whatever.

Comment

I have same problem with mic. Im going to try that method and see if it works.

Comment

When I go to Dxdiag, I just get the DirectX Diagnostic tool. There is a sound 1 and 2. I don't see an Accelration thing. What to do? Thanks for your responses boys.

Comment

Nope it didnt work for me...

Comment

Originally posted by NoobBF2 View Post
              When I go to Dxdiag, I just get the DirectX Diagnostic tool. There is a sound 1 and 2. I don't see an Accelration thing. What to do? Thanks for your responses boys.
              Hm... What soundcard do you have? BTW, i saw a tread about a guy having the same problems at Project Reality forums, (Realitymod.com) so ill take a look there and see if i can find it.

EDIT: Didnt find it But if you go on their forums on www.Realitymod.com and search you should probably find something. Or just can register on their forums and ask. PR is a mod for BF2 so if they have something that works for PR, it will also work with BF2.

Comment

Originally posted by NoobBF2 View Post
                go to control panel, sound, then voice tab, at top where it says playback hit advance tab, put the acceleration on basic (or one notch up from none) hit ok, save what ever, exit , go in game, try it, if it dont work, take "mic boost" off or uncheck, try again. worked for me.

Comment

Btw, do you have Vista?!

Comment

yay, I had the same problem, together with a new mainboard I got the onboard soundcard. I had to install everything again and since then my mic wouldn't work via voip, but via teamspeak.
                    I put the slider all to the left and woohooo suddenly it worked - oh mighty teamwork-communication I'm back!

Thanks!

FipZ

Comment

Working...
                    X