Tips on coming from BF2142?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tips on coming from BF2142?

I just got the orange box today. I'm coming from having played BF2142 heavily, and I still play sometimes. Does anyone have any general advice or anything?

lol, I feel like a n00b all over again asking for advice, but I have a feeling this is a LOT different than BF2142.

Its not a hard game to play really,play with all the classes and find the one that fits your style of play.IF your a get in your face kinda guylike me then play pyro,liek to shoot a lot of bullets play heavy.Like to camp,play engy

Comment

Dont trust anyone! just basically shoot at everyone in your base that you see, they may be a spy!

Comment

i would start off as defence for a while till you get your feet.
        try as a soldier and then after move to the pyro,
        Pyros flame is short lite them up move back quick.
        if fighting a pyro as a pyro move backwards as the flame will be longer than the pyro chasing you .

always build a dispenser first as a engineer then build your sentry.
        come on our server man, all the admins are from old tfc and been playing tf2 since opening of beta day.. youll get lots of tips there.

Comment

I came from the world of BF2142 too.

I reccomend starting as either Soldier, Heavy, or Medic.

With Soldier, you can fire away Rockets easily for some simple kills.

As Heavy, all you really need to do is to spray, but watch how much ammo you're using.

Being a Medic, all you need to do is follow your teammates as they go across the map while you heal them, getting assist credit for their kills. It's also a great way to learn the maps.

After that, you should try the other classes and see which one fits you best.

Comment

As did I.

Just get that tactical mindset out of your head, this is a game where you have to rely on twitch and teamwork (of course ), more then cover and stratagy (though there is still a good deal of the latter)

I would say play scout or sniper if your more of a recon player (and then move on to spy), medic or soldier if you were more of a assault player (then move up to scout or pyro), if you were an engi....then remember there's no vehicles in this game and choose your second class , and if you were support, try HW or engineer (then move up to demo).

I think this would go for anyone coming from 2142.

Comment

i am coming from playing bf2 mostly playing pro with some of the top players in the cal and twl clans and this game is so much different i can't get kills to save my life i am use to going 60 and 10 in bf2 i am hating and loving this at the same time

Comment

Be medic, regeneration of health and a bone saw. What else do you want?

I mean, you can even get your own personal bodygaurd (a pyro or heavy)

Comment

i recommend heavy or soldiers as they can take a lot of bullets. demoman is also pretty fun with the explosives. remember this game is very different from 2142. its not meant to be realistic at all so some people need alot of shots to kill

Comment

Working...
                  X